Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crashes on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a Linux Mint distro, just installed it today , and i figured I wanted to use xbmc with it.

So I downloaded xbmc using package manager and I get error , xbmc icon loads and then it shuts down.

andrew@cicero ~ $ xbmc
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-9ZFWib/pkcs11: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:1220Sadparse_def) show is not a compound
ALSA lib conf.c:1686Sadsnd_config_load1) _toplevel_:24:26:Unexpected char
ALSA lib conf.c:3406Sadconfig_file_open) /usr/share/alsa/pulse-alsa.conf may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
ALSA lib conf.c:1220Sadparse_def) show is not a compound
ALSA lib conf.c:1686Sadsnd_config_load1) _toplevel_:24:26:Unexpected char
ALSA lib conf.c:3406Sadconfig_file_open) /usr/share/alsa/pulse-alsa.conf may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
Fatal error encountered, aborting
Error log at /home/andrew/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
Aborted
Crash report available at /home/andrew/xbmc_crashlog-20121205_223449.log

Here is the crashlog: http://pastebin.com/cp2bBvVz
architecture : x86_64
Skin name: MATE
Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
2gb ram
Intel celeron cpu 900@ 2.20Ghz

21:23:15 T:140173483046816 ERROR: Default skin 'skin.confluence' not found! Terminating..

for some reason the skin is not there. And the version you are using is an half year old.
The problem is also...

I think once that's fixed the problem will go away this config file error type(s) alone can break XBMC and cause it to do this. In fact it also breaks alsamixer and and alsa in general.

uNi