Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [OpenELEC] Audio plays fast / high-pitch, but video stays synced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a machine running OpenELEC 2.0 (from 2gb USB Flash Drive) that is exhibiting some strange behavior. Audio plays back at a high pitch, like it's running 10-15% fast (think Alvin and the Chipmunks), but stays perfectly synced with the video. I haven't timed a video to see exactly how accelerated the playback is, but it's obvious enough that it's easily noticed if you know what a character's voice/dialogue should sound like. I have tried nearly every combination of audio/video settings but nothing seems to make it any better or worse. My hardware is:

PC: Dell Dimension 4700c (P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2gb DDR2 RAM)
Video: Geforce G100 HDMI (no audio) to Sony 30" HD CRT
Audio: Onboard Intel TOSLINK/SPDIF to Yamaha 5.1 DD/DTS AVR
Affected videos: All content streamed through Add-Ons (Free Cable, Hulu, etc), local/network videos w/ 2ch MP3 or PCM
Unaffected videos: Local/network videos w/ DD or DTS (bitstream pass through)

It seems as if anything decoded by the PC/XBMC has sped-up audio, while anything passed through bitstream to the AVR is played back at the correct speed, but the video stays perfectly synced in both cases. Any suggestions on what settings I should change or any other diagnostics to help track down the problem?