Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CU LRC Lyrics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-08-18, 15:53)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-18, 03:41)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible for you to add an option under configuration through which the user can tell CU LRC lyrics to strip from the file name any content within enclosing glyphs before passing the song title to the API call?
sure, no problem.

(2013-08-18, 12:53)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]then I stopped the song, I then played an on line music file from my RDIO add-on,
and CU LRC Lyrics showed a script error.
thanx for the report, should be fixed now.

script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.1.zip

v2.0.1
- fixed don't crash when trying to get embedded lyrics from online streams
- add option to clean song title

Hi ronie

Thanks for the very quick update Cool

unfortunately I can't get local files to retrieve lyrics & also on line files can't retrieve lyrics now.

Here is a log for an install of CU LRC Lyrics v2.0.1 over the top of v2.0.0
In the log what I did was, I played a local song - no lyrics, then I played an on line song again no lyrics, I then tryed to force the lyrics with the xbmc gui and got a script error while playing the on line song

Here is another log with a complete un-install of CU LRC Lyrics - ie I un-installed via the xbmc add-on interface, then ssh'd into xbmc to remove the v2.0.0 & v2.0.1 zips, & also removed the add-on_data folder that was left over
In the log what I did was, I played a local song - no lyrics, then I played an on line song again no lyrics, I then tryed to force the lyrics with the xbmc gui and got a script error while playing the on line song.

Really appreciate your time on this, if you could take a look at the logs please, that would be great.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

I'm using XBMCbuntu Frodo 12.2, Confluence skin, CU LRC lyrics V2.0.1

cheers.
(2013-08-18, 15:53)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-18, 03:41)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible for you to add an option under configuration through which the user can tell CU LRC lyrics to strip from the file name any content within enclosing glyphs before passing the song title to the API call?
sure, no problem.

v2.0.1
- fixed don't crash when trying to get embedded lyrics from online streams
- add option to clean song title

Good evening ronie,

New option to clean ETIs from song titles is working to perfection. For the list of 21 songs I submitted earlier for which I had a 24% success, the new results are as follow:

- 100% success at matching and retrieving .lrc lyrics (Minilyrics)
- 86% of lyrics in sync, which is a user-generated data; nothing to do with the script.

Congratulations for this new improved release. Most grateful,

CF

OBS: re-defining lyric site to scrape from will not take effect unless XBMC is restarted.
(2013-08-18, 18:27)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a log for an install of CU LRC Lyrics v2.0.1 over the top of v2.0.0
In the log what I did was, I played a local song - no lyrics, then I played an on line song again no lyrics, I then tryed to force the lyrics with the xbmc gui and got a script error while playing the on line song

Here is another log with a complete un-install of CU LRC Lyrics - ie I un-installed via the xbmc add-on interface, then ssh'd into xbmc to remove the v2.0.0 & v2.0.1 zips, & also removed the add-on_data folder that was left over
In the log what I did was, I played a local song - no lyrics, then I played an on line song again no lyrics, I then tryed to force the lyrics with the xbmc gui and got a script error while playing the on line song.
heh, i accidentally removed the ability to run as a service in 2.0.1, hence you needed to manually start the addon.
as for the script error, i can't reproduce it. even tried it with the rdio plugin which you seem to be using.

based on the error in the log, i've made a small change to the code, but i can't verify if it fixes your issue.

should you have any issues with v2.0.2, please enable debug logging in xbmc before reproducing the error.
this might give me some more info on what's going wrong.

again, cheers for testing and your feedback :-)

(2013-08-18, 18:48)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]OBS: re-defining lyric site to scrape from will not take effect unless XBMC is restarted.

cheers, indeed missed that one, should be fixed now

script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.2.zip

v2.0.2
- fix crash when failing to read lyrics file
- fixed update scraper list when settings change
Hi ronie thanks for the update.
I will take a look when I get home from work in about 10 hrs Confused
I will provide if required any full debug logs
Hi ronie,

I've given the new V2.0.2 CU LRC Lyrics a couple of hours testing & I'm really impressed with what you've done.
Everything works perfectly so far including both my local music files & the music files located on line at Rdio via the Rdio add-on.
The service part of the add-on works great, all automated. It is very accurate when collecting the lyrics.
Thanks for installing the Rdio add-on to solve the problem of collecting the on line music file lyrics

Over the coming days I will test some more and report back any findings I might have.

One observation I have noticed was that very rarely the lyrics will auto scroll ahead of the actual song, but I would think this would
be outside the realms of the add-on and maybe it is a song with a slightly longer intro, but the same name.

I like the fact that the lyrics start, you can hit the back button on the remote to knock off the lyrics, but leave the song playing, go to another
part of xbmc for example the setting screen, then go back to full screen and the lyrics pick straight back up in sync, amazing.

Do you plan on any text size zooming, or is this controlled by the skin.

Again thank you very much for your time and effort, this is a superb add-on Nod

I'm using XBMCbuntu Frodo 12.2, Confluence skin, CU LRC lyrics V2.0.2
(2013-08-19, 22:26)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]One observation I have noticed was that very rarely the lyrics will auto scroll ahead of the actual song, but I would think this would
be outside the realms of the add-on and maybe it is a song with a slightly longer intro, but the same name.

yup, that's the problem with lrc based lyrics, they may not exactly match
the version of the song you're listening to.

(2013-08-19, 22:26)hasselhof Wrote: [ -> ]Do you plan on any text size zooming, or is this controlled by the skin.

text size is entirely in the hands of the skin.
there's no possible way for an addon to control it.
Ok thank you.
Been using the script now for a few days with no problems, thanks very much
Hopefully this is the right place to post this question. I have CU LRC Lyrics enabled on my XBMC box. The only issue is that it takes forever before the lyrics actually appear on the screen. I can start a song and I'll be lucky if the lyrics load within the first 2 minutes. If I let it go to the next song automatically, the lyrics appear right away, but if I skip to another song, I have to wait again.

Is there a delay setting that I'm missing, or does it just take that long for it to find and download the lyrics?
At this moment, I'm too lazy (and at work) to run a test so can anyone tell me whether CU LRC Lyrics utilizes LRC "offset" entries (which adjust lyric time plus or minus)? As previously mentioned, some lyrics don't match up for various non-skin reasons, but offset could correct that if users want to bother with it.
(2013-08-22, 15:50)Spyderturbo007 Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this is the right place to post this question. I have CU LRC Lyrics enabled on my XBMC box. The only issue is that it takes forever before the lyrics actually appear on the screen. I can start a song and I'll be lucky if the lyrics load within the first 2 minutes. If I let it go to the next song automatically, the lyrics appear right away, but if I skip to another song, I have to wait again.

Is there a delay setting that I'm missing, or does it just take that long for it to find and download the lyrics?

it shouldn't take that long.
please provide a Debug Log of the issue.
When are you gonna upload the new version to the repo for auto-update?
Until recently lyrics that already existing for a song would also show during a music video by the same artists & name, but recently it stopped. I also updated to the end-of-July monthly (13.0 alpha6), so I'm not sure if it was that or your update. Though I realize this not what lyrics are intended, but any thoughts?
(2013-08-31, 02:27)curtis-r Wrote: [ -> ]Until recently lyrics that already existing for a song would also show during a music video by the same artists & name, but recently it stopped. I also updated to the end-of-July monthly (13.0 alpha6), so I'm not sure if it was that or your update. Though I realize this not what lyrics are intended, but any thoughts?

if you're using cu-lrc 2.0.2, it's due to the new functionallity in the addon.
lyrics will only show when you're in the fullscreen music visualization window.
@ronie, would you then suggest I revert back to an older cu-lrc version, or would you consider a setting to switch that element on/off? BTW, thanks for your great work.