Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CU LRC Lyrics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the Ace skin is not compatible with Kodi Helix 14.x

you may want to try this vesrion of the skin:
215438 (thread)
if that doesn't fix it, report your issue over there.
(2015-02-08, 12:52)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]the Ace skin is not compatible with Kodi Helix 14.x

you may want to try this vesrion of the skin:
215438 (thread)
if that doesn't fix it, report your issue over there.

i use ace skin from there.

this is when i install cu lyrics 3.0.6. all other skins have this lyrics window.

i will post there.
Firstly: I love this add-on.

But I'm running around in circles with multi-artist mp3 songs. Also I cannot find any reference to it atm.
The problem is that these multi-artist songs do not get a .txt or .lrc lyrics file.
Also manually I cannot create a lyrics file in the cu lrc lyrics folder/file structure that gets read by the add-on.

My root cause analysis is this:
The (default) mp3 tag delimiter is a '/' for multi-valued attributes.
It's used and defined in all my mp3 tools (mp3tag, mediamonkey & KODI).

The problem I am facing now is that cu lrc lyrics saves it's scraped lyrics to "%A/%T" or "%A - %T".
And "%A" becomes for example "David Guetta/Rihanna". And a '/' is an forbidden character in folder and/or file names!

So I've several questions:
1) Does cu lrc lyrics support multiple artists?
2) How do I get this to 'work'?

Thanks for any tips from a fan.
The add-on locks the transmission of music by airplay
how to solve this?
(2015-02-12, 06:12)artgenone Wrote: [ -> ]The add-on locks the transmission of music by airplay
how to solve this?

which version of cu lrclyrics are you using?
(2015-02-12, 11:42)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]which version of cu lrclyrics are you using?

(2015-02-12, 15:06)artgenone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-12, 11:42)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]which version of cu lrclyrics are you using?

odd, all airplay related bugs where supposed to be fixed in Kodi Helix.
could you produce a Debug Log of the issue?
you need to enable debug logging in the addon settings and in kodi as well.
(2015-02-10, 20:46)eagle72 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly: I love this add-on.

But I'm running around in circles with multi-artist mp3 songs. Also I cannot find any reference to it atm.
The problem is that these multi-artist songs do not get a .txt or .lrc lyrics file.
Also manually I cannot create a lyrics file in the cu lrc lyrics folder/file structure that gets read by the add-on.

My root cause analysis is this:

The problem I am facing now is that cu lrc lyrics saves it's scraped lyrics to "%A/%T" or "%A - %T".
And "%A" becomes for example "David Guetta/Rihanna". And a '/' is an forbidden character in folder and/or file names!

So I've several questions:
1) Does cu lrc lyrics support multiple artists?
2) How do I get this to 'work'?

Thanks for any tips from a fan.

1) nope. i'll give it some thought and see if i can add support for it.
2) if you manually create a lyrics file it *might* work
the trick is to create an additional subfolder for the second artist:
..\kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.cu.lrclyrics\lyrics\David Guetta\Rihanna\songname.txt
Love the script. However there's one thing kinda bugging me. During playback and visualization to leave fullscreen I have to first press back to end the script and only then hitting fullscreen will take me back to kodi's menu. Is it somehow possible to skip that "hit back first"? I frequently forget that and just hit fullscreen to take me back to the menu, which doesn't work.
(2015-02-10, 20:46)eagle72 Wrote: [ -> ]My root cause analysis is this:

btw. why don't you use 'David Guetta feat. Rihanna' or something like that.
most of the times multiple performers of the songs are listed as such and not as "David Guetta/Rihanna"
(2015-02-14, 15:03)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]Love the script. However there's one thing kinda bugging me. During playback and visualization to leave fullscreen I have to first press back to end the script and only then hitting fullscreen will take me back to kodi's menu. Is it somehow possible to skip that "hit back first"? I frequently forget that and just hit fullscreen to take me back to the menu, which doesn't work.

the script runs in it's own window, therefor it will only open and close it's own window.
while it's technically possible to close other windows as well from the script,
i don't think script shouldn't be messing with other windows that don't belong to them.

things like this are better handled at skin level in my opinion.
skinners decide on the 'flow' of the skin and they could add this functionality should they wish to do so.
(2014-12-04, 20:00)dnairb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-27, 00:18)floyd4711 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-29, 12:17)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]try:
<t>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</t>

if you get an error, please post a Debug Log.

Hi,
did sthg change to this method of starting the addon?
It runs a couple of month fine for me, but now I can't get it to start. Only from the player window.

log
KEY_CHANNELDOWN is supposed to turn it on
<pageminus>XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)</pageminus>

There is a method of doing this, mapped to a single button on your remote.

Create a file called something like DisplayLyrics.py in your userdata folder:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(Fullscreen)")
xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.RunScript(script.cu.lrclyrics)")

..and edit your remote.xml file so that the <pageminus> button calls the script:

Code:
<pageminus>RunScript(special://masterprofile/DisplayLyrics.py)</pageminus>

Wow, this works great.
Thank you.
Hi,
I'm having troube migrating my data from Gotham to Helix. I copied all the addon info from userdata and during playback i get nothing.
(2015-02-15, 01:22)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 20:46)eagle72 Wrote: [ -> ]My root cause analysis is this:

btw. why don't you use 'David Guetta feat. Rihanna' or something like that.
most of the times multiple performers of the songs are listed as such and not as "David Guetta/Rihanna"

Thanx for the reply.

The reason is
a) the ArtistSlideShow add on works with multi-valued artist tags.
It shows pictures of both David and Rihanna! Cool!
When the artist field has David feat. Rihanna only David will have its fanart shown, and frequently no fanart is shown at all.

b) the artist list in the music library is much more comprehensive and structured.
The song is listed under both david and Rihanna, instead under a 'new' artist named David feat. Rihanna.

Anyways, the artist tag is a multi-valued field so support for that is something I expected

I'll try your suggestion of manually add a Rihanna subfolder under the David (lyrics) folder.

================= suggestion from a noob, with best intentions ===============
To solve this issue let the user define the delimiter in ithe CULRCs add-on options.'
And use this information to only read the first artist, search the lyrics based on that artitst, and store it in the folder of that artist.
At play back check the presence of the song lyrics in only the folder of the first artist.

This would problably let the add on find the lyrics, but also enables the user to manually get it right.
(2015-03-18, 11:52)eagle72 Wrote: [ -> ]The reason is
a) the ArtistSlideShow add on works with multi-valued artist tags.
It shows pictures of both David and Rihanna! Cool!
When the artist field has David feat. Rihanna only David will have its fanart shown, and frequently no fanart is shown at all.

b) the artist list in the music library is much more comprehensive and structured.
The song is listed under both david and Rihanna, instead under a 'new' artist named David feat. Rihanna.

Anyways, the artist tag is a multi-valued field so support for that is something I expected

I'll try your suggestion of manually add a Rihanna subfolder under the David (lyrics) folder.
the problem is not so much this addon, but the lyrics sites out there.
none of them seem to support your method of labeling multiple artists as artist1/artist2

i've added a workaround to the problem in the addon, hopefulley it'll work a bit better now for you.
please test: script.cu.lrclyrics-3.0.7.zip