Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CU LRC Lyrics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Log as requested:

http://xbmclogs.com/pgwz5svr9

If there's anything else you require me to do, please let me know.
(2016-01-17, 02:35)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Could there be a bug preventing the addon from reading from file correctly when using the "-" sep?

yup, indeed a bug, thanx for the heads-up!

(2016-01-17, 02:35)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since you have a option for removing Chinese text why not also include Korean etc. since you now seems to be using Korean scraper sites?

good idea, i've added it;

mind testing if this fixes both issues?
script.cu.lrclyrics-4.1.7.zip
(2016-01-17, 17:00)CrankyCraig Wrote: [ -> ]Log as requested:

thx. since i don't have a plexbmc setup, it a bit more difficult to troubleshoot.

i've added some additional logging to the addon to be able to see what going on.

could you get me another debug log with this version?
(also enable logging in the cu lrc addon settings!)
script.cu.lrclyrics-3.2.2.zip
(2016-01-17, 17:14)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-17, 17:00)CrankyCraig Wrote: [ -> ]Log as requested:

thx. since i don't have a plexbmc setup, it a bit more difficult to troubleshoot.

i've added some additional logging to the addon to be able to see what going on.

could you get me another debug log with this version?
(also enable logging in the cu lrc addon settings!)
script.cu.lrclyrics-3.2.2.zip

Absolutely. I've used a different machine with a new and updated Kodi install and very few extras, which will hopefully prove a bit simpler to understand.

http://xbmclogs.com/pclebenvd

Again, if there's anything else I can do Ronie, just let me know.
(2016-01-17, 18:05)CrankyCraig Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely. I've used a different machine with a new and updated Kodi install and very few extras, which will hopefully prove a bit simpler to understand.

http://xbmclogs.com/pclebenvd

Again, if there's anything else I can do Ronie, just let me know.

cheers, could you give this one a shot?
script.cu.lrclyrics-3.2.3.zip

hopefully that one will properly handle the filename format provided by plexbmc
Happy to confirm this is the case Ronie. First impressions are that it appears to be working perfectly. I'll head over to the PleXBMC area and share the good news shortly.

This add-on is easily one of my favourite features of Kodi, so thanks very much for all your hard work.

Kind regards.

Craig
(2016-01-17, 17:01)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-17, 02:35)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Could there be a bug preventing the addon from reading from file correctly when using the "-" sep?

(2016-01-17, 02:35)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Also, since you have a option for removing Chinese text why not also include Korean etc. since you now seems to be using Korean scraper sites?

Brilliant!!!

Thanks. That took care of the seperator bug and I think also gained more accuracy in the search ;-)
So, 1 down - 1 to go!!!!
Unfortunately still not working 100% since there's still some song lyrics that are just totally wrong...
Been trying both variations (tag and file search), but same results. Starting to wonder if the problem lies with the scrapers and the persons posting lyrics with poor information or corrupt tagging.

Any possibility to get a more strict policy on the search? Because I can see that lyrics are being downloaded that have wrong title or artist or missing all in all... Would love to have an "Artist & Title" zero variation tolerance. If no hit on both criterias, then DO NOT download ....
(Do understand that using album in the search probably won't work with many scrapers, but one can dream...)
Any bright ideas?

And once againg thanks for your brilliant addon and the effort you are showing.
(2016-01-18, 05:06)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-17, 17:01)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]

Brilliant!!!

Thanks. That took care of the seperator bug and I think also gained more accuracy in the search ;-)
So, 1 down - 1 to go!!!!
Unfortunately still not working 100% since there's still some song lyrics that are just totally wrong...
Been trying both variations (tag and file search), but same results. Starting to wonder if the problem lies with the scrapers and the persons posting lyrics with poor information or corrupt tagging.

Any possibility to get a more strict policy on the search? Because I can see that lyrics are being downloaded that have wrong title or artist or missing all in all... Would love to have an "Artist & Title" zero variation tolerance. If no hit on both criterias, then DO NOT download ....
(Do understand that using album in the search probably won't work with many scrapers, but one can dream...)
Any bright ideas?

You may well have tried this, but just in case, have you tried deleting the lyrics folder contents in Kodi app data? I had similar symptoms to what you describe, with the incorrect lyrics saved in there while I was experimenting with the add-on, and as it looks there for stored lyrics first it kept finding them instead of searching for the correct ones.
(2016-01-18, 10:37)CrankyCraig Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-18, 05:06)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-17, 17:01)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]yup, indeed a bug, thanx for the heads-up!

Brilliant!!!

So, 1 down - 1 to go!!!!

Any bright ideas?

You may well have tried this, but just in case, have you tried deleting the lyrics folder contents in Kodi app data? I had similar symptoms to what you describe, with the incorrect lyrics saved in there while I was experimenting with the add-on, and as it looks there for stored lyrics first it kept finding them instead of searching for the correct ones.

Hi CrankyCraig,

Yeah, know what you mean, but I actually renamed the old CU LRC folder and wanted to start from scratch saving the lyrics with my songs in a subfolder for every album so; Full control ;-) I now only use the old location in the addon folder as an empty test folder... and never more than one target location at the time. But thanks a lot for taking interest !
Hi Ronie,
I'm the developer of the Kodi Music Remote (http://kodimusicremote.com), an iOS Kodi remote control, and I'm currently working on a function to display the current lyrics using CU LRC Lyrics.

I'm using the properties like "Window(Home).Property(culrc.lyrics)" to access the lyrics, which generally works fine. Sometimes however, the app displays the wrong lyrics, because curl.lyrics contains the lyrics of the previous track. This happens in cases where CU LRC has just been started or needs some time to update curl.lyrics. My current workaround is to periodically poll curl.lyrics, so the display eventually switches to the correct lyrics. Does not look so nice.

Could you add a property that tells to which title (...artist/album) the current curl.lyrics belongs? Like "Window(Home).Property(curl.title) etc.? So I could check if it matches the currently playing title and don't display the lyrics if it doesn't matches.

Thanks,
Markus
Quote:Hi CrankyCraig,

Yeah, know what you mean, but I actually renamed the old CU LRC folder and wanted to start from scratch saving the lyrics with my songs in a subfolder for every album so; Full control ;-) I now only use the old location in the addon folder as an empty test folder... and never more than one target location at the time. But thanks a lot for taking interest !

I've noticed the same thing with a small number of lyrics, and like yourself my suspicion is that it's because the lyrics themselves contain inaccurate tag information. I plan on playing about with the different scrapers, in the hope that some are more accurate than others, but my feeling is that they'll all probably contain both good and bad lyric files.

If I learn anything, I'll post back.
(2016-01-18, 05:06)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Any possibility to get a more strict policy on the search? Because I can see that lyrics are being downloaded that have wrong title or artist or missing all in all... Would love to have an "Artist & Title" zero variation tolerance. If no hit on both criterias, then DO NOT download ....
Any bright ideas?

if you have one or more examples of song titles which return incorrect lyrics, i'll look into it.
(2016-01-18, 12:48)CrankyCraig Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hi CrankyCraig,

I've noticed the same thing with a small number of lyrics, and like yourself my suspicion is that it's because the lyrics themselves contain inaccurate tag information. I plan on playing about with the different scrapers, in the hope that some are more accurate than others, but my feeling is that they'll all probably contain both good and bad lyric files.

If I learn anything, I'll post back.

Thanks... Appriciate that.
Guess I personally will chose to have two locations from now on untill the restrictions gets better. Building up a nice LRC lyrics collection with my songs and then switch back to a general folder in the addon for everyday use. Just tired of getting a bunch of crap lyrics downloaded that I have to sort thru. I have disabled the automatic download and entered the script provided by Ronie for startup into keyboard.xml instead. Works like a sharm.
This way I don't have to worry of cludding up my song collection with crap lyrics only genuine overhaled lrc lyrics ;-)
(2016-01-18, 13:20)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-18, 05:06)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Any possibility to get a more strict policy on the search? Because I can see that lyrics are being downloaded that have wrong title or artist or missing all in all... Would love to have an "Artist & Title" zero variation tolerance. If no hit on both criterias, then DO NOT download ....
Any bright ideas?

if you have one or more examples of song titles which return incorrect lyrics, i'll look into it.

Thanks...
Why not check out the album I was testing on. KISS - Rock And Roll Over
01 - I Want You (Returning: Beatles)
02 - Take Me (Returning: Papa Roach)
...the rest returned OK.

PS: Got 2 feature requests for you that I hope will not be too hard to manage (not knowing how the different scrapers fuction)

1. Any possibility to use the tags provided by lrc to put up a more strict scraping policy for avoiding bad downloads?
[ti:I Want You]
[ar:KISS]
[al:Rock And Roll Over]
An option in settings that will force the scraper to return only lrc lyrics with these tags filled out, and minimum ti: & ar:
(I'm so hard core that I would have put in all three) Wink

2. I use karaoke a lot and sometimes when I have a playlist going with cu lrc lyrics at the same time and play one or two
karaoke songs inbetween I get double lyrics (CU LRC on top of the CDG window).
Any possibility that the CU LRC Lyrics addon can disable it's support while Kodi is playing a CDG file?

Thanks again Ronie

Regards Lappskij
It seems to be much as expected. For example, 'Slave No More' by 'Crowbar' is correctly pulled from LyricWiki, but the lyrics are not complete. If I remove LyricWikia it scrapes a better file for that song, but then I get nothing at all for the album '10,000 Days' by 'Tool', which is otherwise correct from LyricWikia - didn't bother to look into why, assumed the album title was likely listed as 'Ten Thousand Days' or similar. I don't really see how this could be improved, unless it automatically scraped lyrics from all available sources and allowed them to be switched.

I'm noticing that, with the Disney/Childrens albums that I have for example, the artist (tagged using MusicBrainz) is listed as the composer , whereas LyricWikia lists the artist as the performer, and it therefore doesn't retrieve any lyrics. This discrepancy is probably unavoidable, and editing the tags of the music files will hopefully address this whilst maintaining the artwork.

On balance then, it works really well for about 95% of my library right from the start, which I'm still over the moon with. So far I haven't found a single one to be incorrect as such.