Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to stream from xbmc to xbmc upnp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was told by a helpful person that if i used xbmc its self as a upnp server id be able to have all my dvd covers ect show up on my tv threw my android tv stick (mk808) running android xbmc. i set the main computers (holds the movies ) to share via upnp. android xbmc does not see xbmx as a upnp server it does not show up as a source i also cant see xbmc upnp on any other computer i tryied

tryied doing it my self then retried using this guid stilll no show http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP
On your UPnP server side, are all your media scanned into its XBMC library?
yeah on my main computer i have all the movies dvd art shows up perfect ect and tv versity streams the movies pefect but set content dosent work on upnp source. so i did every thing in that guide to get xbmc to stream the movies it self but no computer or android device in this house can see xbmc as a upnp source not even the main xbmc. sees it i am able to see xbmc in my network folder along side the router ect on my main computer
even restarted the computer a bunch of times should i try eden
No, I wasn't referring to setting content and scanning a UPnP source into your client's library. I just wanted to verify that on your UPnP server system, your movies are scanned into its own library. When you tell your client XBMC system to look for UPnP shares, it attempts to find the library on your XBMC server system. If your XBMC server doesn't have a library, then the client won't find anything when you try to add a UPnP source to the client.
By the way, did you also watch the video tutorial on that wiki page showing how to enable XBMC UPnP host and client systems?
no i didnt see the video on the wiki? all my movies are scanned into xbmc tversity and plex if thats what you mean by library then yes. the other 2 servers work great and show up in xbmc. i even stopped plex and tv versity but it still didnt show any thing. are there any other options for streamin or playing back media that isent mysql or upnp that will make my android xbmc on my tv look as cool as my xbmc on my main computer.

i also tryied to manualy add a upnp in the source options it asked for an ip so i put in my computers ip not sure if the xbmc has a different ip to access it. wouldnt connect to my main computers ip
In your first post, you included a link to the wiki page that explains how to share a library between two XBMC systems using UPnP. On that page is a video tutorial which demonstrates how to do this... I thought this might be easier to understand than the text instructions at the top of the page.

Assuming you are using the default Confluence skin on your XBMC host PC:
  • Do you see a "MOVIES" main menu option listed between "VIDEOS" and "MUSIC"?
  • When you highlight the "VIDEOS" main menu option, do you see "Movies" or "Library" submenu options listed along with "Files" and "Add-ons"? (Submenu options are listed just below the "VIDEOS" label)
If the answer is No to these questions, then you do not have your movies scanned into your XBMC library.
yes i do and every one of them has a dvd cover. i think i might have figured this out using smb
some how i shared my movie folder wile messing around with my main computer. i remoted into my computer from my netbook do mess with both computers at one time.

when i went into source smb in xbmc on my netbook i found my movie folder and i am able to stream them that way and some dvd cover should up so ill have to manualy go back threw and replace them all again but thats ok it actualy works now my next step is to try this on the android stick which is where i realy want this to happen. hopefully it works.

where im at now

im able to stream my library from my main computer running xbmc frodo beta 2 to my netbook running xbmc eden and i get dvd covers to . next step now is to see if i can do this to my android stick which is running frodo to i hope it will work this way i dont think theres an android eden

ill let you know if this way works thanks for all your help
smb works perfect altho i have to go back threw and fix some of my movies and rescan the right info all works great thanks fo your help
That's great! I'm glad you didn't give up and that you found a method that works for you.