Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED] 5.1 Via ATI hdmi to tv to optical out to avr?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been searching and havent found a clear answer, but lots of threads on this same problem. Basically I am trying to transmit DD/DTS to my TV from my HD6450 via hdmi but windows only detects 2.0 audio because the hdmi is connected directly to my tv. My TV can pass through 5.1 via the optical out (ps3 does dd/dts and 360 does dd, both connected via hdmi)

I am using xbmc and anytime I select receiver accepts dd/dts I get a audio failed to initialize error.

Am I missing a simple step or should I just give up and use the optical out on the motherboard?

Motherboard - Foxconn H61SP
TV - LG LM6200
GPU - MSI ATI 6450
CPU - G530
Does it work using the HDMI cable to the AVR first? Have you verified other applications work? Like VLC selecting A52 output on audio after starting a MKV movie with DTS audio? See if that works...
No hdmi on my AVR. And to make things worse, I dont think my mobo has optical out like I thought it did.
TV (model number) and motherboard, would be pertinent info to include.
Ok, posted the correct info. And I just called foxconn to find out my mobo does have spdif out, but I will need to buy a bracket/adapter to use the pins on the motherboard myself. So before I take that route, I need to see if I can fix this.

I am using the AMD HD Audio drivers for the hdmi output, even then it still only sees 2 channels in windows.
For reference, this was solved using an edid overwrite inf file.