Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Group of TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just in the process of migrating from Media Browers undeer MCE to XBMC.

I'm used to having my TV group into three sections InternetTV, DadTV and KidsTV

These sections relate to the different NAS folder in which the show reside, is it possible to recreate something similar with XBMC?

Thanks
Sure, with XBMC v12's video library tags (wiki) feature.
Does that work for TV episodes?

If so do I have to do that for each individual TV episode, or will that cascade down from the top level folder?
From same link Ned posted above:

2 Usage

Apart from the Tags view in Videos -> Library -> Movies -> Tags , tags can currently only be used in Smart Playlists as rules. In the future tags will be extended to not only support movies but also tvshows and musicvideos. Furthermore they could be integrated into the video info dialog and other parts of the user interface.

I tested this and it works for TV shows too (frodo beta 2). Just do the same Videos -> Library -> TV shows-> Tags You are offered to choose shows not individual ep.
OK - I've setup a couple of sample tags via XBMC, but I can't see any changes to the local NFO in each movie folder, yet the filtering does work. Where is this tag data actually stored?

Secondly, from reading the video library tags page, if not sure if the functionality I'm actually after exists yet, but can I add a shortcut to the main TV shows sub-menu, where it currently lists Title, Genres, Years & Actors. I'd like to dump some of those filters, and just add my KidsTV and DadTV - is this possible?

thanks
(2012-12-08, 08:51)smithgt Wrote: [ -> ]OK - I've setup a couple of sample tags via XBMC, but I can't see any changes to the local NFO in each movie folder, yet the filtering does work. Where is this tag data actually stored?

Secondly, from reading the video library tags page, if not sure if the functionality I'm actually after exists yet, but can I add a shortcut to the main TV shows sub-menu, where it currently lists Title, Genres, Years & Actors. I'd like to dump some of those filters, and just add my KidsTV and DadTV - is this possible?

thanks

The data for the tag is stored within the database. It won't be added to a local .nfo until you export your library as separate files and choose to overwrite old files. You can add tags to the .nfos manually with <tag></tag>.

You can also make a favorite of the tag, and then, depending on what skin you're using, you may be able to add it to a custom slot on the home menu - or even replace the default filters as you asked. It's all skin dependent. Totally doable in Aeon Nox, but that's the only skin I'm real familiar with.
Excellent - I'm just using the Confluence (default) theme at present, but I've added the tags to Favorites, and this does exactly what I was looking to achieve.

When I press on the * a popup menu appears with my pre-tagged TV shows in the groups I'm used to. I just need to ensure that when I add a new TV show I tag it :-)