Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies start to buffer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I recently did a complete re-install of my XBMC and must have forgot to change some of the settings somewhere.
When I start a movie, example Big Buck Bunny, it plays for about 2-3sec and then starts to buffer for about 10sec, then play for 10 sec, then buffer etc.
Before I did my re-install I did not have this problem. I had a small problem with stuttering that I solved by playing around with the A/V-syncmethod, but after I've played around with it now I cant seem to get rid of the buffering problem.

Anyone that got any idea what causes this? Keep in mind that it worked like a charm yesterday before the re-install and have been working like a charm for the past 5 years or so.

Thanks,
T1G3R

EDIT:
Figured that someone might want the debug log for when I am running a movie, so here is a log of watching Big Buck Bunny for about one minute. http://depositfiles.com/files/0s7br3c7g
(If anyone got a better site to upload on, I'd be happy to do that.)
Bump!

EDIT:
But restarting the computer and turning the AV-sync to Audio I managed to reduce the buffering by a lot. During a 2h movie it froze for buffering about 5-6 times, but did only buffer for about 2-3 sec this time.
Anyone that knows how to get rid of the buffering?