Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Channel zap/switch time & default audio stream.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all ... please note that I'm generally new to XBMC ... but pretty decent with software/hardware in general ...

I'll be building a new HTPC ... and was considering using it for live tv too ... I'm currently testing the software on my desktop pc (i5 quad, 8gb, ATI-6950 ... if relevant HTPC will not be as powerful!!) - and am using a Dreambox DM800 as my TV source.

I installed xbmc frodo b2, installed the vuplus addon from here ... it all worked first time - getting channel epg takes ages ... but i might try to disable that or something ...

The actual issue I'm having is channel zap time - best case scenario it takes 5s .... most of the times between 10 and 15s !? Is this normal? Hope not.

Any help guys? Should I wait for final release of frodo, and a better vuplus plugin (it does say it's not stable mind you!)?

Cheers all!

Edit: Any way of selecting the default audio stream globally?
Using Argus with my internal DVB-T tuner it takes 6.5sec to change a channel every time, but 10-15sec does seem a bit too long.
3 seconds with tvheadend ..
Do I have any other options for LiveTV with DM800 as source?
I restricted XBMC to the main bouquet I normally use ... zap time now between 4 and 6s ... still not like using the decoder natively ... but i guess i can live with that.

Something else - does anyone know how to set the default language? I mean globally so each channel goes to the selected audio stream if available.
Quote:Something else - does anyone know how to set the default language?

That's a gui setting. If not set to "original", language is taken into account when opening the streams (provided this info is available).