Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best Scraper to use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was wondering which is the best scraper to use for movies

TMDB default one
IMDB
Universal scraper
If i where you i go for the default one TMDB.

Why?
  • You can use IMDB rating.
  • Very good trailer support (Youtube)
  • It does scrape almost all my movies out of the box.
  • And multi-language support.
  • If something is not available in your language you can add/edit it yourself on www.themoviedb.org
  • Very good poster/fanart support.

You can always test what works best for you.
@Baswazz, I think you've never seen the Universal Scraper...
(2012-12-07, 15:47)olympia Wrote: [ -> ]@Baswazz, I think you've never seen the Universal Scraper...

Only for music.
I use TMDB scraper for a few years it does an great job.

Edit:
Olympia i have to admit you did a really nice job on this. It does it even better than the moviedb.
Thx for the tip Wink
@olympia
What are the pros of the universal scrapper over tmdb?
In the Universal Scraper you can configure field by field from which source you want the information from.
In other words you can get each field from another source (site).

There are many supported sites. There are multiple sources for poster/fanart and also multiple sources for trailers.
Can you scrape Movie Sets with Universal Scraper?

****Ignore this, I just checked the forum for Universal Scraper and got my answer (of yes) from there.*****
To clarify for others who might not know, the Universal Scraper can use either TMDB or IMDb as sources of information. Universal Scraper is very awesome and has lots of configurable options, so you can kind of think of it as a "power user" scraper for when you really want to fine-tune your scraped metadata. You can even configure it to get some information from one site, while getting other info from another.
I used MCM for a few years.