Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Coming from MediaPortal! a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have used Mediaportal for a few years and im very happy with it. A friend of mine convinced me to try out XMBC.

And i love it.. sort of Smile

There is a few things that you guys can help me with, a lot of my problems are probably already answered in other threads but i will try here anyway..

1. I use a Irtrans remote (Origen h6 chassis with harmony remote) How do i get it working properly? only 2-3 buttons are working right now (only IRtrans drivers installed)

2. I imported all my movies and tvseries and i get a lot of fan-art but NO posters/covers. Instead i get some kind of thumb taken from the movie itself (looks like shit)
I tried the download artwork thingy and it downloads a lot but still no covers/posters. If i refresh a movie / series manually it works fine. Whats up with that? Smile
I also tried a few different skins.

3. The biggest thing that make me still want to use Mediaportal is that i will loose my watched flags and "date added" will be fucked, is there any workaround for this?

4. Youtube plugin don't show anything when i press "explore youtube"

5. What app to use with android devices for remote / streaming (used ampdroid for mediaportal on my phone / tablet)

I really want to get this working because the flow in XMBC is way better then my current mp setup.

Thanks in advance,
maiky

Oh btw, i use latest frodo beta. (did not get DTS-MA passthrough working with the final release)
Nothing? Smile

A little update..

Running Frodo beta 3. Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.
what skin are you using? Also, you'll need to post a log
Aeon or the standard one. tried both. Will post log tomorrow when im home!