Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] Last.fm (it's not part of xbmc anymore so needs an addon]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-12-16, 21:13)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]too bad:
http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/12/13/l...d-germany/

bye bye last.fm ....

So in the UK, Germany and US, you will only be able to listen free if you are using a browser on a desktop computer. if using it on a mobile or desktop application then it will require a monthly subscription.

ie if and when an addon is made for xbmc it will only work for subscribing customers.

It's a shame for users in other countries; last.fm are going to offer no service at all.
(2012-12-16, 21:24)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]So in the UK, Germany and US, you will only be able to listen free if you are using a browser on a desktop computer. if using it on a mobile or desktop application then it will require a monthly subscription.

ie if and when an addon is made for xbmc it will only work for subscribing customers.

It's a shame for users in other countries; last.fm are going to offer no service at all.

This is fine with me as I have been a subscriber for a few years now. I just want the ability to listen to my library radio and to be able to scrobble from xbmc
Yeah i think it's well worth paying £3 per month for, i don't want to spend time building playlists etc, i just want to click and go, so last.fm gives me the ability to just choose a genre and it gets played constantly, or choose a band and it plays similar artists constantly. great way to discover music you haven't heard too.

i actually prefer it to spotify.
Popped along here after reading the Last.FM changes for 2013. Last.FM has been an absolute joy for me. I used it like 60% of the time xbmc is on. Sooo convenient. I guess all good things come to an end...

Maybe I'll get a Spotify account.. can that play genres off the bat like Last.FM could?
(2012-12-19, 15:05)PantsOnFire Wrote: [ -> ]Popped along here after reading the Last.FM changes for 2013. Last.FM has been an absolute joy for me. I used it like 60% of the time xbmc is on. Sooo convenient. I guess all good things come to an end...

Maybe I'll get a Spotify account.. can that play genres off the bat like Last.FM could?

well as you probably know there's two ways of getting spotify in xbmc and i think the answer is different for each one.

spotyxbmc2 - intergrated spotify into your xbmc library by compiling your own xbmc.exe - when this option is used you get to setup two spotify "radio stations" and specify a few genres that you want included in each radio station. so its a yes.

spotiMC - the ther way is by using the spotify addon and i don't think there is any way of using the spotify radio/genre feature in the addon. although it was on the developers to do list a while back so its possible that its done now i suppose.

below is a screenshot of how it looks when you are setting up your spotify radio stations in xbmc:

im sure you know this but in case other people dont know you ahve to be on the £10 per month premium spotify account to use either of these xbmc spotify tools.

and last.fm is £3 per month.

i think they are both decent prices for what you get to be fair.
So to clarify if we still want last.fm on XBMC even if you have a subscription there still currently isn't an available plugin? If so does anyone know of one in development?

Tx
(2012-12-19, 22:26)Jaymzie007 Wrote: [ -> ]So to clarify if we still want last.fm on XBMC even if you have a subscription there still currently isn't an available plugin? If so does anyone know of one in development?

Tx

i know of one and i'm using it every day. ;-)

now if only it didn't crash xbmc, it would've been released by now.
(2012-12-16, 22:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]it's well worth paying £3 per month for

I know that last time I paid my Last.fm subscription so I could receive it on my Roberts Stream 83i (which to be fair was was probably over a year ago) you could actually pay in Euros (via PayPal) so in fact it was only about £2.40 (every little helps)

(2012-12-20, 16:03)spoyser Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-16, 22:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]it's well worth paying £3 per month for

I know that last time I paid my Last.fm subscription so I could receive it on my Roberts Stream 83i (which to be fair was was probably over a year ago) you could actually pay in Euros (via PayPal) so in fact it was only about £2.40 (every little helps)

nice one! i know i'll forget this though by the time i come to subscribe Big Grin
Thanks for your efforts ronie!!! Missing Last.fm support badly :-(
for he's a jolly good feeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-llow!

c'mon ronie ! we're all behind you.
Good to have someone to work on this. I hope you can make it eventually. This was the only music source I was using for a long time. Keep up the good work. Thumbs up!
+1, can't wait to get ahold of this addon. Thanks ronie!
I hope this happens, I feel lost without my last.fm, its far too quite here at home.
I been looking at alternitve ways for a while like using dlna/upnp but the only way i can find is to plug in a phono cable from my laptop to my hifi, but who uses cables these days! Smile
(2012-12-19, 22:26)Jaymzie007 Wrote: [ -> ]So to clarify if we still want last.fm on XBMC even if you have a subscription there still currently isn't an available plugin? If so does anyone know of one in development?

Tx

There is a plugin already, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...8common%29 , so what is not working with this. I'm a Last.fm subscriber too.
Pages: 1 2 3