Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Scanning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 500+ movies in 3 folders and I have added them to xbmc. Now, when the movie scanner scans these folders - there are always some movies which it can't add ('cos no match found inthe imdb or moviedb). The issue is - I don't know which failed the lookup. Is there any way to find out which movies didn't get a match?
Thanks,
Thanks Matt. That helped a lot and it worked. One follow up question. The movie database (themoviedb) is not that great and it can't find a lot of movies - particularly bad with non-Hollywood movies. So, a lot of my foreign movies do not show up under 'Movies' and I have to access via Video -> Files.
Is there a way to force a listing under Movies eve if the scanner does not find it?
Thanks again.
If a movie isn't found during scraping, it won't be added to the library. Without it added to the library, it won't show up under the Movies node. You can do a couple things to get them to scan, either manually create an .nfo file for those movies or preferably, you can add them to TheMovieDb yourself and then rescan.