Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I disable all scraping and only have a flat folder/file structure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just discovered DLNA and XBMC - I am using it to connect my LG tv to the computer.
Anywayz, I was wondering if its possible to not have a "library" built out of my files.. Problem is as soon as I browse with my TV I get stuff I don't really need.. "Music Library" - "Video Library" , then another level "Recently Added..."
I don't really want any kind of automated sorting/organizing, plus I rarely organize movies and tv shows so that's also an issue as I read.

Is this possible with XBMC or do I need something different to do this?

Thanks a million!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

If you just define your media source locations, you can use the Videos > Files option to navigate to and play your files. If you get prompted to "Set content" when you add a source, just specify "None" for content type/scraper and the directory won't get scanned and, thus, you won't have a library. You shouldn't see menu options for "Video library" or "Music library" if you have no library. If you wish to remove the "MUSIC" option on the main menu, you can hide it via System/Settings > Skin > Home window options (Eden) or System/Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Home window options (Frodo).
You can't use UPnP/DLNA without a video library, no.
Ah, I missed that first part about using DLNA... I was thinking local media.