Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Autostart addon on xbmc start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am new to xbmc so be patient with me please Smile

I installed xbmc eden and xsqueeze on windows7 everything works well except one thing.
I would like xsqueeze to run in the background on start up, without user intervention.
I tried creating autoexec.py script with the following lines:
import xbmc
xbmc.RunAddon(script.xsqueeze)
as suggested in this thread
but i got "script failed error".

Below is truncated xbmc.log

Thanks in advance
You need to use:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(script.xsqueeze)")

Also autoexec.py is probably going to be phased out at some point since scripts can be set up to be created to start automatically(ie service addons)

(2012-12-10, 04:03)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(script.xsqueeze)")

Also autoexec.py is probably going to be phased out at some point since scripts can be set up to be created to start automatically(ie service addons)

Thanks a lot! It worked.
How to autostart LiveTV or LiveStreams addon on xbmc start-up using autoexec.py? Thanks.
Thanks everyone. Just figured it out. The code should be:

For LiveTV:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(plugin.video.LiveTV)")

For LiveStreams:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(plugin.video.live.streams)")
(2013-09-07, 09:26)tony03 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone.
Glad I could have helped. Wink
Hello,
I know this post is quite old however I could not find better human friendly answer about how to make add-on turn on while xbmc is starting.
However for a person with limited knowledge about xbmc and scripts I would be more then happy if someone could kindly tell me where I should put that script... sort of guide in few steps. I am running xbmc-buntu Gotham.
Could you please tell me where I should add this script: xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(script.xsqueeze)")
do I have to create txt file and save this script there? if yes what I should name file like and in what folder I should save?
I am trying to figure out and find answer but there is to many confusing information.
Thank you for your help.
Zajac.tom, if you are still looking for an answer, you need to create file autoexec.py in your XBMC/userdata folder. See here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=140719.

I have tried this myself and it works.
hello
I'm trying to start the xsqueeze addon on kodi boot with this script, in my userdata folder but i always have a "failed to start script autoexec.py" on every boot.
I use this in my script (from the kodi wiki)
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunAddon(script.xsqueeze)')
@exchangegames: your script still working with the new Kodi?

Thanks