Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Changes monitor when tv powers off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

So I have a set up of 3 monitor + 1 TV that is used pretty much solely for XBMC. I upgraded to Frodo Beta 3 and now when I power off the TV when I go to bed XBMC winds up on another monitor when I wake up in the morning. Never had this issue until now. Any setting that I am missing here?
You could look in the Video setting section, I seem to remember there being an output section, you should be able to choose your target.
I choose my target but it changes whenever the television is turned off. I think it has to do with the HDMI. It is so strange it never acted like this with Eden.
Sooooooooo everybody uses XBMC in a single monitor/tv set up it seems.
I'm not a developer, so I can only guess on this, but I would think this would be intentional in the sense that you normally wouldn't want to just loose an application because the monitor it was on was turned off. Then again, I don't know if this change was intentional or not.
I wonder if it has to do with HDMI CEC
I have it running on my PC and never leave XBMC running, but I do have 3 monitors. Have you updated to RC1 yet? If so, I can test it on my PC running RC1. Any idea how long it takes before it switches monitors? Curious, are all monitors/tvs connected using HDMI or a mix?
Ok, ran a test last night, 3 DVI connected monitors, turned off the one xbmc is displayed on, left the other two on. Overnight no change, xbmc was still displayed on the monitor that was off.

win 7 64 bit
Frodo RC1

I am also running Win 7 64bit & Frodo RC1.

4 Monitors - 2 DVI One is a DVI to HDMI cable going to TV

Other two are display ports one adapter to DVI

I will take a look in my display fusion settings. It is in control of my screensaver and I will fiddle with power settings.

XBMC always ends up on my main monitor connected with display port.
(2012-12-19, 16:46)Diggs Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, ran a test last night, 3 DVI connected monitors, turned off the one xbmc is displayed on, left the other two on. Overnight no change, xbmc was still displayed on the monitor that was off.

Mine doesn't move, but the start tile page will default to the monitor (secondary). But I'm on win 8 so can't really say how win 7 does it.

scott s.