Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing feature? Frodo Beta. Can no longer add mapped drive to library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm testing the latest beta 3 of xbmc Frodo.
Normally I use have all my pictures/music/movies on fileshares mapped to drive letters.
So My pictures are mapped on drive letter I:\, movies on J:\ etc etc

In previous versions of XBMC I could select those mapped drives as library locations, in Frodo, this is no longer an option.
Am I missing some option? (Or is this functionality lost)
Here also. Just removed betas of Frodo to do a clean install of RC1 - mapped network drives are now missing after beta2.

Mapped network drives are required for scrappers to work. Scrappers fail on upnp, smb, and all other network locations. Specifically, no images. This is still an issue in in Frodo RC1. This means XBMC scappers no longer work unless you are on a local drive.

Let's get this fixed! is there someone arguing to remove maps, and that's why it dropped out in beta3 onward?
I remember seeing something similar but when I quit out of XBMC and started it back up they appeared for me. This was for the windows version.
Thanks pletopia! That's it!

Seems the bug introduced in beta3, also in RC1, is that on first install all mapped drives are missing. Closing and reopening shows them again.

I'm working again AND it's still a bug to be repaired by the team.
I created a ticket for this issue: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13742

hopefully we'll see success and notes here.
Hi, I was on a trip and could not follow up.

The ticket has already been closed/marked as non reproducable.
I can however confirm that now it does work. So it's likely that your diagnosis is spot on.

Works perfectly here
(2012-12-19, 00:57)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Works perfectly here

Not here; lost mappped drives Frodo RC 3. Did clean reinstall still can't regain mapped drives. Mapped drives work perfectly in Win 7.
Just a quick contribution here ... I've found virtual links to be much more stable so far, especially with Windows 8. Have a look at mklink /d in Windows versus the classic mapping technique.