Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo Beta 3 - volume up/down/mute do nothing on Motorola NyxBoard Hybrid now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried everything I could think of. I've run a ton of nightlies leading up to this and hadn't had an issue until beta 1 with anything to speak of. Now sound is hit and miss.....that may have been solved but going from beta 2 to beta 3, the volume and mute keys do nothing in XBMC at all. Even tried putting in a custom keyboard.xml in place of the standard as a test.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.
Are you using a WASAPI audio device in passthrough mode, for say, Dolby Digital or DTS? Passthrough disables audio controls.
WASAPI, yes. Not in passthrough mode though. Speakers.
Well, that was my only guess! Post up a debug log and recreate the button pushes in the log.
i'm having the same issue here, i'm using wasapi for optical output. I cant control vol up or vol down except that mute actually works.

I'm getting this error in the logs when i'm pressing volup/voldown/mute
OnAppCommand: unknown appcommand 8
OnAppCommand: unknown appcommand 10
OnAppCommand: unknown appcommand 9
Mine was actually the fact that my default audio device in Windows changed. I installed beta3 at the same time I was installing the Playon server app I was auditioning (not sure I like it as a sidenote). I changed the default audio device to the norm and "everything" is fine.

not anymore...