Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork Showing Delayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use a third party scraper and have all of my artwork stored in the media folders. All media is on my NAS. Everything worked fine in Eden, I upgraded to Frodo and my artwork either doesn't show at all or it takes a while for it to show. What do I need to do to get my artwork to show up like it did in Eden instantly?
If it helps, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on the XBMC box as well as on the NAS. I use flexRAID on my NAS for backups and such. Though I think this is more of an image cache issue. I have cleaned out my library and ran the scan updated. I'm on the beta 3 version of Frodo. I'm running the Aeon Nox 4.0 skin. As I said, this was never an issue with Eden, so I think my naming conventions are right. As I understand it, there is a new image cache in Frodo, so maybe I need to increase it's size? I have a fairly large collection. 2,000+ movies, 550+ tvshows, 5,500+ episodes.
Frodo has a new image cache/handling and a rewritten logic to detect local fanart and poster. Can you give an example how you named your fanart and poster and which file extension they have? Like "fanart.jpg" or "fanart.tbn", "<moviename>.fanart.jpg" etc
>DocTV
>>Amazon
>>>fanart.jpg
>>>poster.jpg
>>>folder.jpg
>>>banner.jpg
>>>tvshow.nfo
>>>season-all.tbn
>>>Season 01
>>>>Episode1.avi
>>>>Episode1.nfo
>>>>Episode1.tbn
>>>>Epidose1.fanart.jpeg
>>>>Episode2.avi
>>>>Episode2.nfo
>>>>Episode2.tbn
>>>>Epidose2.fanart.jpeg

Hold up a minute. The problem seems to be limited to custom video nodes. Let me check and see if I have some juju going on in my custom node xml.
There is definitely a delay between opening the custom home item and the artwork showing up. This can be only a couple seconds in most cases, but the delay is there. Regardless of if the custom item is pointed to a custom node or a favorite. I'm mostly talking about the posters for the television shows or the posters for the movies.