Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo Beta 3 skipping when selecting between 192kbit & 128kbit songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am not sure this is a bug or just how it works, (I do recall something like this may have happened with Eden but thought I must have herd things)
What I have found is a skip/ pause/ re-play the last 1-2sec of the current song as the new song from the new smart playlist starts. (I have a 3 sec cross fade and cross fade albums selected)
ie Music -> Playlist -> Smart Playlist Pop -> Context Menu -> Play -> song starts playing. Then Smart Playlist Rock -> Context Menu -> Play -> skip/ pause/ re-play the last 1-2sec then cross fade to new song.

This is not the same for standard playlists.
Music -> Playlist -> Standard Playlist 1 -> Context Menu -> Play -> song starts playing. Then Standard Playlist 2 -> Context Menu -> Play -> cross fade to new song.

This is not the same for standard playlists to Smart playlist (and vise versa)
Music -> Playlist -> Smart Playlist Pop -> Context Menu -> Play -> song starts playing. Then Standard Playlist 1 -> Context Menu -> Play -> cross fade to new song.
Hmmm just went to confirm once again I am having this issue and it has gone!
I tested this fault three time (restarting the system each time) and fault is replicated.

Now for what ever reason I can not reproduce the fault Angry Typical just after I post!

I will try and recreate the issue and post back.
Ok am not crazy (Jury is still out on that one actually)

I can recreate it playing albums.

Music -> Album -> Aerosmith Greatest hits -> Context Menu -> Play -> Song plays -> Album -> Ænima -> Context Menu -> Play -> skip/ pause/ then cross fade to song from Ænima.

Song from Ænima playing -> Album -> Aerosmith Greatest hits -> Context Menu -> Play -> skip/ pause/ then cross fade to song from Aerosmith Greatest hits.

Song from Aerosmith Greatest hits playing -> Album -> A Kind Of Magic Queen -> Context Menu -> Play -> Cross fade to song from A Kind Of Magic Queen -> Song from A Kind Of Magic Queen hits playing -> Album -> Aerosmith Greatest hits -> Context Menu -> Play -> Cross fade to song from Aerosmith Greatest hits.

Looked like it might be something to do with the album name as it seams to do it playing songs from Tool - Ænima (note the Æ character) so I changed it to AEnima still does the some thing Huh

http://pastebin.com/G1CjfMac

Any suggestions?
Ok looks like I have found the problem the album was at 192 kbit/s where as 99% of the rest of my library is at 128 kbit/s.
Ripped it again at 128 kbit/s and tested no problem, checked another album that was 192 kbit/s some issue with the skipping then cross fading, converted down to 128 kbit/s no problem.

So it looks like there may be an issue with 192 kbit/s songs mixed in with 128 kbit/s songs.
Could someone please check this as it may just be my setup.
Thanks
Anyone else had the same problem?
@backspace - you are not going crazy - there is an issue with how long the resampler is taking when switching between tracks of different sample rates. I am aware of the issue for Frodo.
(2012-12-13, 08:06)DDDamian Wrote: [ -> ]@backspace - you are not going crazy - there is an issue with how long the resampler is taking when switching between tracks of different sample rates. I am aware of the issue for Frodo.

Thanks for that. Good to know that I have not gone crazy (today).
Really enjoying Frodo. Keep up the good work!