Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Macbook Pro mid 2010 + bootcamp (windows 8) = hd audio ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I installed bootcamp with windows 8 on my mid 2010 macbook pro and I would like to know if hd audio is possible?

I have connected my computer to my dts hd ma and dolby truehd compatible av receiver (onkyo tx nr609) thanks to the kanex iadapt v2 (display port to hdmi adaptater).

I have no problem to play mkv with a dts audio but when it is a dts hd ma I have no sound and the image jerk.

Anyone know if it is possible to solve this problem?

Thank you and sorry for my english.
Did you choose wasapi output? ... beside that i move you to the windows section...
My understanding is that HD Audio in Windows, for devices that have an Intel-based motherboard (such as your Macbook) will require the Intel Management Engine Interface driver to support HD audio. As yet, I've been unable to find such a driver for Apple Macs running Windows (I have the same requirement for a Mac Mini).

The Windows-specifc section in the AE Wiki has more information on this, specifically, item 4.2 here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...udioEngine