Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: frodo RC1 Windowed/Full Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Starting with Frodo I have a really weird issue, when I press a key on the keyboard, it's a non standard key, the screen switches to Windowed mode from Full Screen.

The problem is that another key passes the same codes:

Code:
07:17:15 T:3047663936   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 40, sym: 0134, unicode: 0000, modifier: 100
07:17:15 T:3047663936   DEBUG: OnKey: alt-leftalt (4f0d4) pressed, action is

but it doesn't behave the same way.

Is this a bug somewhere or I'm hitting something else ?

Any way to completely disable this button, maybe associate it with a dummy action?
Any way to completely disable the windowed mode?

Thank you
Typically, the Backslash ( \ ) is mapped to ToggleFullScreen, which is the behavior you're seeing. What is this "non standard" key you're referring to? What does the debug log show when you press this key?

To disable a key:
Code:
<some-key>noop</some-key>
"non standard" key is one of the multimedia keys. I have "Lenovo n5902" and the documentation shows mentions that this is for "Change /Close page".

When I enable the debug logging the logging that I see is:

Code:
07:17:15 T:3047663936   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 40, sym: 0134, unicode: 0000, modifier: 100
07:17:15 T:3047663936   DEBUG: OnKey: alt-leftalt (4f0d4) pressed, action is

the same code as when I press the left alt key alone.

But the behavior is different. When I press left alt key nothing happens, when I press the "Change / Close page" the screen is toggled.

Does XBMC let the OS to decide what to do with a key press? I've been using the keyboard to control Openelec, a Ubuntu based OS with XBMC, and it is toggling the window. When I moved to windows I see it behave like ALT+TAB. Can XBMC be configured to not pass the key press down to the OS?
Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, press the "Change/Close page" button several times, exit XBMC, upload the contents of your entire debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL link for your uploaded log here with your reply.
here you go - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20989 - after pressing "Change/Close page" the focus moves to a different window - just like when you do Alt+Tab from a regular keyboard - I had to set the focus back to XBMC window so that it get's logged again what I press on the keyboard.

Hope this helps.