Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: show context menu on select instead of playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.. I'm pretty new to XBMC.
I'm using a remote control with it and was wondering if there was a way to have the context menu pop up when I select media, rather than having it play automatically?

Thanks for any info!
is it a windows MCE remote?

You have different options in System -> Video -> File Lists -> Default Select Action, however I do not think Context menu is an option.

Otherwise:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap
Thanks all.. it's a pseudo MCE remote.
It's the remote that came with a Zotac AD04 and I can't get some of the buttons working on it so looking for a workaround.

I found multiple "fixes" online for it, both related to XBMC and in general, but none of them worked for me.

I'm using XBMC to watch some TV shows that I want to delete after I've watched them.
I have the option set to delete them in the context menu so was looking for an easy way to get there with my crippled remote.

I think I have a full-on WMC remote with receiver somewhere, I may try using that..
(2012-12-13, 11:25)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]You have different options in System -> Video -> File Lists -> Default Select Action, however I do not think Context menu is an option.

If you select the "Choose" option from the above, then the last item on the choose menu is "More..." which will bring up the full context menu.
Hi all,
Thanks for the help, but after about 5 hours messing with getting this fully working under windows I decided to try OpenElec on my machine.

Within about 20 minutes I had a fully working media center, including all buttons on the remote.

Best part is I don't even have to use a hard drive, I'm booting the whole thing off an 8GB USB flash drive.
Since I stream everything from my file server I don't need a whole lot of local storage. Wink

Thanks again for the info!