Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zoom adjust keyboard setting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the keyboard setting is to popup the zoom adjust window? I initially thought the 'Z' key would do it, but that just changes the different aspect ratios.
What exactly do you mean by "zoom adjust"?
  • Zooming picutre display in a slideshow?
  • Zooming the entire XBMC GUI as done via System/Settings > Appearance > Skin > Zoom?
  • Or something else?
For watching a video. I can get to it via the setttings > video section. But I'd like to map a remote command to it.

Now that you mention it, Is there one for picture displays also?
Are you referring to System/Settings > Video > Playback > Display 4:3 videos as (Normal, Zoom, Wide Zoom, Stretch 16:9)? If so, isn't that what "z" does as well and then some (Normal, Zoom, Stretch 4:3, Wide Zoom, Stretch 16:9, Original size, Custom)?

For pictures slideshow, use the numbers, plus and minus keys to zoom.
Sorry my mistake, its not called zoom adjust, but "zoom amount" its here, the 6th line down. That's the keyboard or actionID i am looking for
Ah, okay, you're referring to the video settings menu *while* a video is playing. I misundertood what you meant. I don't know of any direct way to get to that zoom setting; however, you can write a simple Python script that mimics what you do via the GUI:
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "XBMC.ActivateWindow(OSDVideoSettings)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "XBMC.Action(Down)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "XBMC.Action(Select)" )
This basically opens the video settings OSD, presses Down arrow five times (to get to the Zoom option) and then presses Select. This displays the zoom slider at the top of the screen and you can then use the Left/Right arrows to adjust your zoom. You'll have to press Escape a couple of times to dismiss the slider and then the OSD video settings menu.

You can assign this script to be executed via a remote control button in the <FullscreenVideo> section of your custom keyboard.xml (wiki) file located in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory (you must create this file yourself):
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <some-button>RunScript(/path/to/your-script.py)</some-button>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Notes:
  • If you already have a custom keyboard.xml file in your userdata/keymaps/ directory, just add the RunScript statement above to the <FullscreenVideo> stanza of your file.
  • If you're running Linux, be sure to give your script execute permission.
  • If you're running Windows, the path statement must be expressed with backslashes ( \ ).