Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing artwork on posters, fanart on Frodo RC1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated to the new Frodo Rc1 and lost a lot of the poster and fanart from hundreds of movies. It said something about library art when i first installed it, and to fix it press yes...i did and nothing really happened. I was wondering if i have to rescan everything or use XBMC backup to get these back or if they are going to come back on their own. I am running ATV2 on season pass jailbreak 5.0.2....it has worked fine for months. Frodo works just lost the artwork
I just upgraded to Frodo RC1 today and have the same problem. Maybe 15-20% of my movies are missing poster art and are instead displaying a thumbnail that's a frame from the movie.

I noticed one additional weird thing that's kind of hard to explain:
Before upgrading, I exported my whole library to individual files. Each movie exported one .JPG of fanart and one .TBN of poster-art. The exported posters are all correct, even for the movies not currently displaying a poster in XBMC. In XBMC, when I go into Movie Info for a video that's not displaying correct art, there's an option to Choose Artwork. If I select this, I can choose from Poster (which is blank for these movies), Fanart (which picks up the correct fanart JPG that I previously exported), or Thumb (which shows a frame from the movie; I don't know where this came from since it wasn't exported).

If I go back to Movie Info and instead select Refresh, it reports "locally stored information found. ignore and refresh from internet?" If I select 'No', it reverts to the old poster artwork which I'd previously exported and the movie displays the correct poster artwork again. I'm guessing what I need is a way to force XBMC to re-read the library art files which I'd previously exported? I've tried the Import Library function, but nothing happens. Maybe I should have exported to a single library database instead of to individual files?

So it's possible for me to get back all the missing artwork manually but there are two problems:
1) I have thousands of movies and updating hundreds by hand is a real pain; I'm looking for some kind of batch solution
2) When I refresh them, XBMC sees them as having just been re-added to the library so things like 'Recently Added Movies' get screwed up; this is less important, but kind of a nuisance since I normally want newly-downloaded movies at the top of my queue

EDIT: Had a thought right after posting. Maybe I can delete the video thumbnails directory in the appdata folder and it'll be prompted to reimport my exported images? I'm a bit hesitant to do that, but I'll try it in a day or two if no other solutions get posted.
The OP's problem is likely due to using a skin other than Confluence.
I can't speak for the OP, by my problem seems the same as theirs and I'm on Confluence. BTW, I had the same prompt when I first loaded Frodo (something about re-reading the thumbnail cache); I also hit yes, it processed for quite a while, then I noticed the missing posters. I didn't make any changes to any default configuration.
I am using the Zstream skin, not confluence. Whether or not that is the problem i will find out but i have already rescanned everything, just a matter now of switching back and forth between scrapers for some movies that aren't in the IMDB db. I did use XBMC backup but it's saying there is nothing there...not a big deal though just one nights worth of rescraping. Wondering what the top 250 IMDB ranking actually does? I do not see a number anywhere and i have a bunch of movies ranked high on there...other than that hopefully the final version will be out in a few weeks to squash a few of these bugs.
IMDb scraper is broken so you can't use that.
I dont know the skin but my guess is that it is not Frodo compatibel
Went back to confluence and that seemed to work much better. Less crashing, the interface of it was really good, and whatever version of confluence that's on Frodo is one of the best so far i think. But too much crashing for me at this point so used my Iphone to get nito tv back on my apple tv and reverted back to Eden...couldn't have been easier to roll back. My main reason for switching back is that when trying to scrap movies it would just keep telling you to manually search for the title, then would not get out of that screen without rebooting....tried moviedb, universal, rotten tomato, and IMDB they all hung up and the menu key would not get you out! Great work though on Frodo, the tag feature is brilliant, can put christmas movies in one playlist and it will play all day without repeating.
@jcallaway:

1. What is in the <thumb> tags in your .nfo files? Specifically the ones that don't show a poster.
2. How are your video files laid out - give an example of the exact layout of a movie folder/file set.
3. How do you have the scraper configured? Do you have "Movies in separate folders name like the movie" enabled?

Cheers,
Jonathan

(2012-12-17, 21:51)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]@jcallaway:

1. What is in the <thumb> tags in your .nfo files? Specifically the ones that don't show a poster.
2. How are your video files laid out - give an example of the exact layout of a movie folder/file set.
3. How do you have the scraper configured? Do you have "Movies in separate folders name like the movie" enabled?

Cheers,
Jonathan

1. Not sure if you mean what is actually there? it's just a black thumb that eventually turns into an extracted movie frame..But if you go to where it lets you select new posters it seems like the right one is there just not showing up until you reselect it.
2. Movie files are pretty much in one folder with the movie renamed to how they appear in the IMDB scraper. Example....Looper (2012).mkv or The Dark Knight Rises (2012).mp4
3. The scraper is selected normally, and i have never used the separate folders option, but i did check to make sure it didn't accidentally get turned on.

But all that aside i did rescan my whole library and that worked...i just was getting too much locking up while scraping...i know IMDB isn't working with this i did try moviedb with better luck. But it seemed you would end up in a loop of having to manually search for the title and it would never find it and wouldnt let you get back to the main menu without rebooting. But i have never upgraded before...usually i just remove it completely and start from scratch maybe thats the problem...but i'll wait till it's a finished product next year
Frodo uses poster.jpg now instead of folder.jpg
Please don't spread misinformation. Frodo still uses folder.jpg, it just prefers poster.jpg if the image is actually a ... poster.