Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC + Central MySQL database + WiFi: Timeout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently set up a central database for my movie collection. I have two Revos 3610, one at the livingroom connected via Caat 5e cable to my gigabit network, and another one at the bedroom that connects via 5GHz WiFi. The network speed is ~6 mb/s.
The problem I am facing is that the connection to the db, hosted on a NAS is not established. I have tried many options, but still I cannot get to connect. I have exactly the same advancedsettings.xml configured on both installations. The one at the livingroom (the one that works) is running Precise, and updates from ppa:team-xbmc/unstable, the one at the bedroom is Quantal and updates from ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba. Both are runing Frodo RC1.

As I can access the network from the Revo and it pings ok the NAS, my guess is that XBMC tries to connect while the WiFi network is not up, so this gives a timeout that prevents the correct MySQL connection.

The debug follows:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21878

Can you please help me debug and solve this problem?

Many thanks
I am still having this problem. Is there any way to set up a retry for accessing Mysql if not found?