Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Ok. I'' try this variant today.
Hi there, is there any news on when/how this fix would/could be incorporated into openelec builds (like rbej custom builds)?

(2013-05-09, 10:34)DarkMike Wrote: [ -> ]Aspect ratio problem resolved.
below patch for xbmc-pvr-addons
Code:
diff --git a/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp b/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
index a999c62..f10b414 100644
--- a/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
+++ b/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
@@ -281,11 +281,12 @@ inline void HTSPSetDemuxStreamInfoVideo(PVR_STREAM_PROPERTIES::PVR_STREAM &strea
{
   stream.iWidth  = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg,   "width" , 0);
   stream.iHeight = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg,   "height" , 0);
-  unsigned int den = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_den", 1);
-  if(den)
-    stream.fAspect = (float)htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_num", 1) / den;
-  else
-    stream.fAspect = 0.0f;
+  stream.fAspect = 0.0f;
+  unsigned int den = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_den", 0);
+  if (den)
+    stream.fAspect = ((float) htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_num", 0)) / den;
+  if (!stream.fAspect && stream.iHeight)
+    stream.fAspect = ((float) stream.iWidth) / stream.iHeight;
   int iDuration = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "duration" , 0);
   if (iDuration > 0)
   {
@@ -600,6 +601,7 @@ bool CHTSPDemux::SendSubscribe(int subscription, int channel)
   htsmsg_add_s32(m, "channelId"      , channel);
   htsmsg_add_s32(m, "subscriptionId" , subscription);
   htsmsg_add_u32(m, "timeshiftPeriod", (uint32_t)~0);
+  htsmsg_add_u32(m, "normts", 1);

if(g_bTranscode)
   {

First block give correct aspect ratio to player if it doens't provided by server.
Second request normalized stream from server. For 3.4 and high TVHeadEnd servers it's resolve blank screen problem if timeshift is not enabled on server.

P.S. I use paspbian distribution so I don't try to build openelec and test on it. But problem really not openelec specific.
eheij,

Did you have any luck with your usb patch for the Pi and live tv??

Pootler
(2013-05-15, 19:14)pootler Wrote: [ -> ]eheij,

Did you have any luck with your usb patch for the Pi and live tv??

Pootler

It isn't his patch.
You may want to read more about it here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...28&t=39175
Thanks Dhead.
My latest status after tvheadend plugin patch:
- 1080i channels: aspect ratio OK
- 576i channels: aspect ratio still 1:1

I've also noticed faster channel switching with latest rbej builds.
i found yesterday the iframe option in the xvdr addon. i was rly happy, but this option cause my stream to stutter and my sound gets always direkt out of sync. without iframe option the stream runs smooth Sad
is there any improvement using a usb 3.0 powered hub instead of an usb 2.0 powered hub?
(2013-05-24, 11:38)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]is there any improvement using a usb 3.0 powered hub instead of an usb 2.0 powered hub?
Only if you use power hungry devices that USB2 hub struggles to power and no external power option. USB3 standard provides 900mA per port instead of 500mA.
Other than that there is no reason or advantage to connect USB3 hub to USB2 port. The limiting factor is still the USB2 port and USB2 controller.
(2013-05-24, 20:05)serxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-24, 11:38)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]is there any improvement using a usb 3.0 powered hub instead of an usb 2.0 powered hub?
Only if you use power hungry devices that USB2 hub struggles to power and no external power option. USB3 standard provides 900mA per port instead of 500mA.
Other than that there is no reason or advantage to connect USB3 hub to USB2 port. The limiting factor is still the USB2 port and USB2 controller.

yes there is an advantage, this has been proven with the use of usb 3.0 sticks on raspbmc compared to usb 2.0 sticks, the data transfer is much higher, im thinking more along the lines of glitches on playback.
(2013-05-25, 00:34)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]yes there is an advantage, this has been proven with the use of usb 3.0 sticks on raspbmc compared to usb 2.0 sticks, the data transfer is much higher, im thinking more along the lines of glitches on playback.

Only because USB 3 sticks tend to have faster flash and controllers inside. We'll still communicate at USB 2 speeds, and so using a USB 3 hub shouldn't make a difference.
is there anyway to check the transfer rate over usb? (Except for counting) I can lend a usb 3.0 hub for a few hours. im going to transfer a file with file manager from my usb3.0 raspbmc install to usb 2.0 pendrive, via usb2.0 and then via usb 3.0 hub. if your right there shouldnt be any difference in transfer time. Would this be the correct way of checking this?
(2013-05-25, 12:45)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway to check the transfer rate over usb? (Except for counting) I can lend a usb 3.0 hub for a few hours. im going to transfer a file with file manager from my usb3.0 raspbmc install to usb 2.0 pendrive, via usb2.0 and then via usb 3.0 hub. if your right there shouldnt be any difference in transfer time. Would this be the correct way of checking this?

It's one way. I'd do this:
Code:
openelec:~ # hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
Timing buffered disk reads:  70 MB in  3.08 seconds =  22.75 MB/sec
sorry forgot to reply, i tried the usb 3 hub idea, it does make a difference, not a huge one but the file transfers were slightly faster, so unless my usb 2 hub is adding to the bottle neck on the raspberry pi,, i dont know. what needs to be done to make the raspberry pi a proper option for live tv?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30