Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Same here unfortunately..
same here :/
Hi,

your build works on some HD Channels (mostly german public hd channels). All other hd channels (pay per view hd channels) aren't working for me (on raspberry pi).

SD Channels are working without any hickups.

Thank you.

Maybe we need a sticky for some settings (such as display refresh rate for out of sync audio).

[EDIT]
Okay that was to quick.

I'm not able to switch between a running hd channel and a sd channel.

Also it is only partly working for all channels
[/EDIT]
I tried the ZIP file and that worked for me! All I had to do after that was change my guisettings.xml file to viewmode=4 which fixed my aspect ratio. It does not resolve the issue 100% as sometimes the first channel I select will not be displayed but flicking through the rest of the channels works.

Are you able to update the ticket with the code you added? I would really like to see this reviewed and submitted into the next release.
Hello! new to the forum.

excuse the noobiness of this question, but following this thread is there ANY build of openelec on the Pi
that actually works with live tv and tvheadend?? Is this only related to newer beta builds - or has this problem always been there?

many thanks

keith

I am using a number of builds with a hauppauge twin tuner and am experiencing all the frustrations outlined.Sad
(2013-02-08, 18:38)pootler Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! new to the forum.

excuse the noobiness of this question, but following this thread is there ANY build of openelec on the Pi
that actually works with live tv and tvheadend?? Is this only related to newer beta builds - or has this problem always been there?

many thanks

keith

I am using a number of builds with a hauppauge twin tuner and am experiencing all the frustrations outlined.Sad

Welcome Smile
I remember there was a couple of builds months ago (seem to remember it was september..) that worked almost fine with tvheadend...
@jbree85 thanks for the zip, that indeed fixes the playback! Aspect ratio is still wrong, I changed viewmode to 4 but that just fixed it the first time, when I started to zap channels it was back in distorted mode.
(2013-02-09, 13:28)sugus4me Wrote: [ -> ]@jbree85 thanks for the zip, that indeed fixes the playback! Aspect ratio is still wrong, I changed viewmode to 4 but that just fixed it the first time, when I started to zap channels it was back in distorted mode.
Thanks for testing, and the somewhat positive result. Unfortunately I also have the problem with the aspect ratio and it is not easy for me to fix.
It might be a problem with OMXPlayer within XBMC (as well as the playback bug). But I also think it has something to do with tvheadend client since other sources play fine in xbmc without problems.
So it is not easy to exactly find where the problem lies, but i'm not giving up on this bug either.
So i hope for all of us that me or someone will find a fix or workaround for this bug.
Also, sometimes, the first channel doesn't play, that's another bug.
If you press the backslash key twice on the keyboard or bind that key to your remote it will toggle fullscreen and windowed which in my case fixes the aspect ratio, I hope you experience the same thing (but for me it is not acceptable as a workaround, I want it to be perfect I guess). This is important information when trying to debug.
Thank you.

I'm getting similar with that latest package from rbej - SD channels working OK, but not HD channels (I'm streaming FreeSat and other HD content from my tvheadend 3.2.18 server). I have a 512MB Pi model B.

Raspbmc was working perfectly for HD channels until sometime between RC1 and RC2. Since that time, neither Raspbmc nor Openelec have worked with live HD channels.

Recordings of any channel (either SD or HD) work flawlessly every time using either an SMB share or the "Recordings" area of the Live TV plugin.

Is there any way to get access to the plugin code from, say, September, to see what has changed? (I used to be a s/w developer, but not au fait as yet with git - CVS is more my bag!) If someone can tell me where to find historic code, I'll try and do a diff and see if there's anything obvious...
(2013-02-11, 21:56)Neil Coggins Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting similar with that latest package from rbej - SD channels working OK, but not HD channels (I'm streaming FreeSat and other HD content from my tvheadend 3.2.18 server). I have a 512MB Pi model B.

Raspbmc was working perfectly for HD channels until sometime between RC1 and RC2. Since that time, neither Raspbmc nor Openelec have worked with live HD channels.

Recordings of any channel (either SD or HD) work flawlessly every time using either an SMB share or the "Recordings" area of the Live TV plugin.

Is there any way to get access to the plugin code from, say, September, to see what has changed? (I used to be a s/w developer, but not au fait as yet with git - CVS is more my bag!) If someone can tell me where to find historic code, I'll try and do a diff and see if there's anything obvious...

Hi,
regarding openelec, i remember that the working relase with live tv from tvheadend, both hd and sd channels, was a r11xxx , but i can't no more find it on official repos.
Count me in on this problem.

SD channels wrong AR. HD extremely choppy/single frame w/ stuttering audio.
Are there any news on this subject?

I'm having the same issues.

Dedicated x86 box running TVheadend.
Raspberry Pi running newest raspbmc.

Channels are almost always black. When you stop one frame is showed.
When you get lucky and the channel shows the aspect ratio is wrong.
Same for me:

Raspbmc Version 12.0
TVheadend 3.2.18 on the same Raspberry
mpeg2-Codec installed (Playback of DVB-Recordings works perfectly).

When playing live TV, the monitor remains black, only when stopping the DVB stream, a single frame is shown.
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/166

Crossposted this link from tvh forum. It is not a plugin problem, not a tvh problem. Omxplayer seems to be the problem?
I confirm this problem with vu+/enigma2 pvr client on raspberry pi. Both with openelec and raspbmc. Mpeg2 codec installed but only black screen on mpeg2 stream. Some hd-channels works but other only shows a frame or 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30