Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: question about menus and view types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a newb question, perhaps. Why is it that I can access MOVIES menu and go straight to movie selection, but when I use MUSIC menu, it takes me to source selection panel? Why can't it just list all my library?

And another thing, how can I change vew types in MQ4, It was easy in MQ3 but I can't seem to find it in the newer version.

Thank you for any help on the subject. Cheers.
For questions regarding a specific skin, you need to ask in the appropriate skin thread. I am assuming your question about music is also related to the skin, either that or you haven't scanned any sources into the music library.
(2012-12-17, 21:01)lurkeler Wrote: [ -> ]... but when I use MUSIC menu, it takes me to source selection panel? Why can't it just list all my library?

This certainly seems like you have not specified your music source yet, which is needed before the music library can be created.

Edit: Forgot the work "not".

(2012-12-17, 22:31)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-17, 21:01)lurkeler Wrote: [ -> ]... but when I use MUSIC menu, it takes me to source selection panel? Why can't it just list all my library?

This certainly seems like you have specified your music source yet, which is needed before the music library can be created.
I'm sure he meant have NOT.

Yes, I left out the word "not" in my previous post. It's corrected now. Thanks for pointing out the omission.
That's the thing - I did ADD SOURCE (music folder with flac files), and I did SCAN TO LIBRARY songs separately using the context menu. Still, when I enter MUSIC it takes me to the directory where I have the option to ADD SOURCE. Any ideas what I missed?
You are in the file mode. Press the left arrow key to show the side menu. There and select the option for library mode.
Then check the skin for settings that may have music take you to file mode and not library mode.
baijuxavior - thank you. I was indeed in file mode.

But still, it seems I can't seem to add songs to library. At least not in a way that would point me to library mode instead of file mode. Could it be music (file) tag issue? Perhaps some of them are incomplete, but there's at least title, and artist filled in.

Any further help would be appreciated. Cheers.
In file mode you add a source then you scan that source to the library. What does XBMC do when you do that?
After adding source (a whole folder with music files), I still get EMPTY COLLECTION. ADD CONTENT IN OPTION: ADD SOURCE in the top right corner whenever I enter MUSIC menu. The previously added folder is listed there, which I do not understand. Then, as I go into the source folder and use context menu on a file to SCAN ITEM TO LIBRARY, it shows very quickly the dialog again, but nothing happens.

Image here: http://postimage.org/image/uath4firv/
After adding the source did you use the context menu to scan the entire folder to the library? In settings\music what scraper do you have set?

If all else fails, turn on debugging, then quit XBMC and delete the music##.db file in your profile folder\userdata\Database, then start XBMC and rescan the music source to the library. Post the debug to pastebin and link it here.
I used the preinstalled metadata allmusic, but it appears to be broken? Now I switched to THRAUDIODB, but it's not working either.

Here's the shot of my screen when I enter music in library mode http://postimage.org/image/ebo3j1kjp/

And the log link is here http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=H8Nn8d4d

Thanks a lot for all the help, and Merry Christmas!
Try the Universal Album and Artist scrapers. I would also recommend switching to Confluence until you get your music issue sorted, just be sure sure you are not having skin issues.