Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fanart.jpg support when browsing folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

When I browse folders (not in the library but the folders itself), if I create a folder.jpg file the image get displayed as a thumbnail.
I was wondering if there is any way to get the same behaviour for fanart.jpg.
So if I create a fanart.jpg (or any other name) file I can have it displayed on the background on the fly.

I am not sure if this is linked to the Skin (but I guess so). I am using aeonmq 3.

Thanks and regards.
(2012-12-18, 00:32)sanzoperez Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if there is any way to get the same behaviour for fanart.jpg.
So if I create a fanart.jpg (or any other name) file I can have it displayed on the background on the fly.

Have you tried it? Wink

Yep, I did try. It does not. Hence my question if there is any way to set this up for that functionality.
Hmm... worked for me when I tried it. Do you have a directory specifically for that movie and, within it, you place the movie file, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg? When you use files view and highlight that movie's directory, you should see both pieces of artwork. Of course, this is assuming you didn't enable the skin option to hide background fanart.
It is skin specific. I tried with Confluent and it worked right away.
So I have modified aeonmq.3 to have the same behaviour.
Thanks for your help!