Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best Blu ray drive for ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I want a blu ray internal drive for ripping. This will not be on my HTPC so I don't really need software for playing Blu Rays. I almost bought an LG today, but then found a bunch of "fake" 5 star reviews on Amazon. Do I need player software for ripping, I don't think so. Any suggestions, looking to spend $75 or less.
E
(2012-12-18, 04:46)EricHoya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I want a blu ray internal drive for ripping. This will not be on my HTPC so I don't really need software for playing Blu Rays. I almost bought an LG today, but then found a bunch of "fake" 5 star reviews on Amazon. Do I need player software for ripping, I don't think so. Any suggestions, looking to spend $75 or less.
E
I owns several LG BD-ROM. It can rips blu-ray disc with ease....as long as you have blu-ray decrypter, any BD-ROM can rip blu-ray disc....the best decrypter is "AnyDVD HD"....

Thanks for the advice. I have used anydvd before Among others, but was thinking of using makemkv for blu rays. Sometimes I prefer .isos so I can preserve menu function.
E
(2012-12-18, 05:24)EricHoya Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the advice. I have used anydvd before Among others, but was thinking of using makemkv for blu rays. Sometimes I prefer .isos so I can preserve menu function.
E
If you want to preserve all the original contents, ISO is the best....and AndyDVD HD is the best ISO ripper...

I've had nice success using the LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive

and, it comes with free software!
how long does it take to rip a blu-ray usually? both to ISO or mkv?
(2012-12-18, 22:57)rip_king Wrote: [ -> ]how long does it take to rip a blu-ray usually? both to ISO or mkv?

Depends on ontouched (around 30 Minutes) or re-encoded ( depends on your machine, but definitely several hours)

mad-max
(2012-12-18, 22:57)rip_king Wrote: [ -> ]how long does it take to rip a blu-ray usually? both to ISO or mkv?
It take very little time to rip blu-ray compare to transcoding it....