Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC and Panasonic Viera TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I have tried several media servers/centers in order to be able to watch movies
with my plasma tv. I have to admit that I'm kinda amazed of what XBMC can offer,
you did a really great job guys, but I guess you already know that.

My only problem (but really important, almost vital) is that with XBMC I can't have
subtitles on my TV. Even when I have the external subs (.srt for example) in the same
folder with the movie, with the very same name etc, my TV is just playing the movie
without subs and without any subs-menu available to enable them or something.
I know it's an issue related to XBMC, because I can watch the specific movies
with subtitles on my TV through other media servers (Serviio for example).

I configured the subs in XBMC (language, fonts, etc), I added the subs plugin you have,
it works perfectly (downloading/showing) when I'm watching a movie in my computer.
I can't find though a way to watch my favorite movies in my tv, through your awesome program
even when I already have the subs in the movie folder, as I mentioned before.

Is there a way? Please help :S I really like XBMC and it would be great if I was
able to replace the rest programs I use with this one. Subs is the only reason I cant, so far Sad
Have you tried the audio settings? I don't know what skin you use but if you press Enter while playing a movie you will get a menu with an option that says "audio settings" (or something similar).

You should be able toggle the subtitles via that menu.
I checked that now, just in case. No, there's no such option :S.

To be honest, there's always a "Subtitles" menu inside TV's "OPTIONS" menu.
But when I choose to watch a movie through XBMC (only AVI movies with .SRT subs so far),
the "Subtitles" menu shows only the "No Subtitles" option. Just like when
there's no subtitles embedded and no external subtitles with the same filename
in the same folder (or no compatible subtitles anyway).

When I'm watching the same movies via usb or a different media server, in "Subtitles"
menu there's a "Text" option. When I choose that, subs instantly appear.

I would like to know if other TVs are able to show the .SRT subtitles when watching
movies through XBMC. If yes, then probably it is a misconfiguration or incompatibility
problem :X. At least I would know if there's any hope to solve it by searching/changing
things in XBMC's settings.
PS:

I think my issue matches with the one mentioned in this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...es+problem

Should I try a previous XBMC version...and crossing fingers?

A developer replied though " I just tested xbmc-10.0.exe and no subs were served..." heheh Smile

Is XBMC running on a box connected directly to the TV, or is this over the network using UPnP or DLNA? If it's over UPnP/DLNA then I believe the lack of external subtitle file support is a known issue.
oh :S

Yes, XBMC is running on my computer and it is over the network using upnp.
Thanks. At least I will get some peace, I will stop worrrying that I did something wrong.
External subs support is in your future plans ? I hope so Wink

Thanks again.