Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No DTS-HD MA audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I have just put a Asus Xonar HDAV Slim into my HTPC so i can play DTS-HD MA.

When i try and play anything with DTS-HD MA the playback is very stuttery and slow and there is no sound, my amp also says PCM instead of DTS-HD

If i turn "DTS-HD capable receiver off" then the movies will play as DTS on my receiver and playback is nice and smooth

Has anyone got any ideas? Really annoyed its not working correctly as thats the whole point in buying that sound card!

PC Spec -
XBMC Frodo 12.0 RC2
Windows 7
Nvidia 680i SLi mobo
Nvidia GTX260 GFX Card
4GB RAM
Intel Q9650 CPU
Asus Xonar HDAV

Receiver -

Onkyo HT-R548
You'd have been better off buying an up to date graphics card with an HDMI out for £20 to £35 than that Asus Xonar card.

Anyway since the deed is done take a look at the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
(2012-12-21, 12:29)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have been better off buying an up to date graphics card with an HDMI out for £20 to £35 than that Asus Xonar card.

Anyway since the deed is done take a look at the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Thanks for the reply.

It's also used for gaming sometimes so that wasn't an option as the higher end cards don't support DTS-HD.

If it comes to it though i may just bite the bullet and sell the HDAV and buy a lower end GFX card but i would prefer to get it working first seen as though i have bought it now!

I did have a quick look at that thread last night but i couldn't find anything relevant to my problem really, but will have another look when i get home from work.
OK, i had a read through that but it didnt help me at all.

Has anyone got any other suggestions?
Not without a debug log.

Plus you say that thread didn't help but don't state what you've checked or done.

Have you checked drivers? Do you have any Realtek drivers on your system?
What audio device type, Directsound or WASAPI?
Are the Exclusive mode settings enabled?
What is shown in Supported Formats?
(2012-12-22, 15:35)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Not without a debug log.

Plus you say that thread didn't help but don't state what you've checked or done.

Have you checked drivers? Do you have any Realtek drivers on your system?
What audio device type, Directsound or WASAPI?
Are the Exclusive mode settings enabled?
What is shown in Supported Formats?

Yes, I have checked drivers. No there was no realtek drivers on my system
Its WASAPI
Yes, Exclusive mode is enabled.
It doesn't show anything it shows as a Speaker... Thats how that soundcard works though.