Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMB Shares not readily available on reboot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having an issue with XBMC and recognizing my SMB shares. I have two folders for movies and TV shows. Each folder is contained on the same drive which is being shared from my iMac via SMB. My HTPC is running Windows 8 and XBMC Eden. The shares are configured properly because I am able to stream. However, when I reboot, if I go straight to my movies or TV Shows folder and try and play a file, it tells me that the file cannot be found. However, when I browse to the file management section of the system preferences and click into my iMac, all the folders are there and I can now go back to my TV or Movies folder and XBMC can see all those files again.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that I don't need to go into file manager every time I start XBMC just to let it know the files are in fact there?
Did you add the shares as a mapped network drive in Windows?
that did it! gave you a +, thanks a lot
I have the same problem. As I am using Windows on only the main media centre, and Ubuntu on the others, with a shared MySQL database, I need to access the files in the same way so that the file paths are the same. Therefore setting up Windows shares isn't an option.

Any solution to the actual problem instead of a workaround?