Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Handling of *.nfo files in Frodo releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using a build based on the current RC, I observed changes in the behaviour concerning *.nfo-files when scanning in the video database.

The extension "*.nfo" is case sensitive (on Linux). In pre-Frodo times, I had quite a lot of *.NFO-files which worked flawlessly, now the filename-extension has to be lowercase to be recognized. Is this a bug or a feature? It is definitely annoying, as case sensitive filename extensions are pretty unusual in the computer world.

Secondly, I quite often use *.nfo-files to make custom movie-sets or to enter custom PVR recordings into the database, for which no scraper info is available online. If a movie file has a corresponding *.nfo-file, however, the metadata of the movie file (video resolution, format of audio tracks, and so on) seems to be no longer read into the library. I.e. a custom *.nfo file stops XBMC reading in file information.

Has anybody else experienced this, too, and what can I do about this?

EDIT: Concerning the second point, I just noticed that after a restart the metadata starts to reappear, however only randomly. More and more files get back their metadata, however sometimes a video file loses this info again?!