Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL and frodo, are the speed up hacks still needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i'm finally making the plunge into using a shared mysql database with frodo having better thumbnail support. i just had a quick question. the references to the "speed up tweaks" the actuall mods to the database, seem to be the same from about a year ago when i read into this the first time so are they still needed or are they incorparted into the db xbmc creates now on the mysql server?
Those are settings on the MySQL server side, which XBMC does not touch when it is upgraded.
I believe the "improvements" that were posted in the life hacker article are no longer needed. The only tip I could give is use the ip adres instead of server name and disable "use dns lookup" in mysql settings
Yep did all that it works great. I did notice when going into my music library on the client xbmc boxes that didn't initially do the scanning it wanted to re download thumbs? I'm assuming though this is because I didn't copy the textures db and thumbnails folder from the main machine