Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with adding new items to library - library breaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using this wonderful product for many years and have had very few issues. I've run into a fairly major one now though and I couldn't find any thread regarding this. Basically, anytime I scan an item into the library - the library collapses. I've had issues with the library earlier so I started doing daily backups and as such could easily reproduce the issue.

Any scanning of a new movie or tv show (whether a new show or a new episode to an existing show) will break the entire library. I've attached the Debug Log for this below after adding a new episode to Fringe and doing a "Scan for new content" on that.

Pastebin

Thanks for XBMC and the hard work and I apologize if this was posted in the wrong section or was a doublepost.
Just thinking out loud here, could it be too many items for sqlite?

Anyone think it may work better vs MySQL?
Followup:

I did the swap to MySQL following the very excellent guides at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...g_up_MySQL and now I have scanned an entire show into my library, a movie and the Fringe episode which caused the crash earlier. No corruptions in database and MySQL is working fine.

This seems to be some file-related issue, the disks do seem fine though (no smart warnings and a raid1 system, so seems unlikely). If any developer wants the sqlite database (I have both a broken and working version) for possible fix, please send me a message. I consider this matter solved though since there was a solution.