Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: support for Airplay Target?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems to be xbmc for Android does not yet support Airplay target functionality. I tried installing xbmc rc2 on galaxy s3 and android tablet and none of these devices are detected as airplay target on my iPad and iTunes on PC.

Can somebody please comment on this?
known issue - the zeroconf/avahi/bonjour implementation is still missing on androiid.
I installed XBMC 12.0 "Frodo" RC 3 on and spent a lot of time and could not make it work AirPlay, although the same release for Win 7, all works fine (except the mirror).
If it is, then can be purchased set-top box for Android instead of Apple TV.

Question: XBMC 12.0 "Frodo" Release Candidate 3 AirPlay feature is not yet implemented, or I have something with the settings?
come on Smile just right above you.

"known issue - the zeroconf/avahi/bonjour implementation is still missing on android".
The answer was given long ago, I naively assumed that something has changed already, probably in the night builds. And expect AirPlay is not necessary?
ok

known issue - the zeroconf/avahi/bonjour implementation is still missing on android
It seems to be that airplay is still not supported in latest release. Can somebody please answer when can it be expected to be part of XBMC for Android?
When it's done. Honestly not trying to sound rude, but when it's not working then it's probably involving factors that make it hard to say how long it will take to fix.
known issue - the zeroconf/avahi/bonjour implementation is still missing on android
and now you guys have broken davilla!
reboot him, fixes everything!

I believe there are airplay implementations for android, I am sure I installed something on my phone that claimed to do airplay, but as I have no iThings to test with, I am not sure.
Its not airplay which is the problem. Its zeroconf/bonjour (this is also used so that remote apps can see XBMC in the network without needing to know the ip and so on).
Hi guys. Maybe this will solve our problem with Airplay:
ZeroConf Browser
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...conf&hl=en
That's cool, not sure what to do with it, but hell theres lots of stuff on my LAN!!
1. there is no source code for that
2. We need the opposite for airplay (not a browser, but a server).
Pages: 1 2