Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problematic Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(environment: Win7 64, XBMC 12.0-BETA3, MySQL, SMB data sources, )

Hi folks,

I use 6 profiles on my main XBMC box. On normal use, I have the -- Profile Login Screen -- enabled.

"Main" is my first profile, followed by several others, and 90% of the time, I will select Main as where I wish to go.

All this is fine.

The problem, however, is when I choose to leave "Main" and go to another profile (for example: "Winter Solstice"), the change is not "clean".

The steps I take are:

1) select exit menu,
2) arrow down to "Log off Main", select OK / Enter.
3) this takes me back to the Profile Login Screen
4) I select "Winter Solstice", and...

(wah-waaaaa...) Undecided

XBMC takes me back to "Main".

At this point, I must:

1) select exit menu,
2) arrow down to "Log off", select OK / Enter.

NOTE: This says "Log off" not "Log off Main", so the XBMC recognizes something different.

3) this takes me back to the Profile Login Screen
4) I select "Winter Solstice", and...

XBMC now takes me to the correct profile, where I see a collection of seasonal films and music.

Weird behavior, huh? Huh This is a replicable issue.

You would think that this is not expected behavior, but ... you never know.... could be a known, yet unaddressed issue.

As usually requested, here is my debug log: http://pastebin.com/rVq7nxj5

Thanks!

I've noticed some profile problems (had them for a few versions now)...

I've got 2 profiles - `main` and `kids`. Going from Main to the profile selection screen and logging in to Kids, it will log back into Main. If I try for a second time it will go into the Kids profile.

so I have to attempt to change profile twice to get it to work.

M.
(2012-12-24, 22:42)Babbage Wrote: [ -> ]...so I have to attempt to change profile twice to get it to work.

Thank you. You have verified that it is just not me, and that this is a broader issue.

This is EXACTLY the same issue that I see.

DEVELOPERS: What can we do to help provide information to help you address this issue?

You can test to see if this still happens to you in the latest nightly build (wiki) and include debug logs (wiki). I cannot reproduce the issue on my en.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I can reproduce this issue. Seems I was testing the switching in the wrong order, but if I go from master profile to secondary profile, it won't switch on the first try.
Code:
10:43:46 T:2284   ERROR: CSettings::GetCurrentProfile - last profile index (4294967295) is outside the valid range (6)
This is probably the key to the issue.

That 4294967295 is highly suspicious, being precisely 2^32-1, it looks like the profile index is expected to be an unsigned long integer but has somehow managed to acquire the value of -1. Or something.

Edit: Looks like there's already a probable fix in this thread