Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have got the new xbmc xbuntu version, but the menu's that people talk about , ie, System->Administration->Update Manager, i cannot find on my version.

am i doing somthing wrong, or has it been deleted

i am trying to get my internal windows 7 to show up in xbmc
(2012-12-23, 23:18)okey Wrote: [ -> ]i have got the new xbmc xbuntu version, but the menu's that people talk about , ie, System->Administration->Update Manager, i cannot find on my version.
Are you referring to XBMCbuntu or XBMC running as an application on Xubuntu?

If it's XBMCbuntu, you need to press "s" to bring up the Shutdown menu, select "Exit" to bring up the log-in page, enter your username and password and, on the third input field, select "XBMCbuntu" instead of "XBMC" and then click Login. This will display the XBMCbuntu desktop. XBMCbuntu has a "System Tools" option on the Start menu that lets you access Synaptic Package Manager, XTerm and UXTerm.

However it doesn't have the options System > Administration > Update Manager. These options are available on the standard Ubuntu or one of its derivatives. That's why I was wondering you might be running Xubuntu instead.

Let's turn your question around and try to find out what you are trying to accomplish rather than how to get there. What are you hoping to do via the Update Manager?

Quote:i am trying to get my internal windows 7 to show up in xbmc
I don't understand what you mean by this. If you are running XBMCbuntu or Xubuntu (again, not sure which you are using), they use the Linux operating system instead of the Windows 7 operating system. If you installed XBMCbuntu or Xubuntu on a system that was previously running Windows 7, then you've wiped out Windows 7 on that system, unless you had installed the former on a separate hard disk partition so you could dual-boot Linux and Windows.

If you're strictly a Windows person, you do realize you can install the XBMC application on a Windows system?