Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies Posters missing after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished my upgrade to Frodo and it seems to have broken the cover art for most of my movies. According to the "Reload Thumb" option, the correct poster is being used, but it's not correct on the navigation screen.

My posters are named by EMM and worked in v11.

8MM.tbn

They are kept inside the movie name folder. For example:

\\Tower\Movies\8MM\8MM.tbn
\\Tower\Movies\8MM\8MM.mp4

Any ideas what is wrong?

rename 8MM.tbn to 8MM.jpg

And before you ask me how am I going to reanme all of these by hand, google renaming file extensions in Linux and adapt one of the answers.

uNi
Is there a reason these need to be changed? Was that compatibility removed for a reason?

Why would some work and others don't?

Thanks!
.tbn should still work for the time being.
Most of mine don't for some reason. The "Reload Thumb" section shows the correct poster, but the actual artwork seems to be a a zoomed in section of a screenshot.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

That's the way its supposed to be on some views.

uNi
I too had a couple of dozen of mysteriously broken movie thumbs after the upgrade. Was just easier (though not terribly convenient) to delete the corrupt thumb, then reload the movies from the internet. Since there are way more options for thumbnail art these days, I took this opportunity to upgrade some of the other thumbs. [Yeah, it was a slow day around the house.]
The skin might need to be updated for Frodo if it's not behaving normally.
If I hit reload it corrects the problem. Is there a way to reload all of them simultaneously? I really don't want to do a couple hundred one at a time.
The problem is the old folder.jpg's being picked as the video's poster. I had the exact same problem, the only way I was able to fix this was by removing all folder.jpg's (or renaming them to banner.jpg, which is what they are in fact)...
I went through and reloaded all of them manually. Now they work fine. Pain in the butt but it solved the problem.