Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mce remote control on android xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone gotten an Microsoft Remote Control to work on xbmc for Android?

I have tried plugging into the USB port but nothing happens. I am using the
xbmc v12.0 RC2 on the Allwinner 1ghz processor with 1gb of memory sold by
VidOn.me URL: http://VidOn.me.minipc.html

I have tried installing and configuring the Official XBMC remote by following all of the instructions
provided to no avail.

I would appreciate any assistance possible

Thanks In Advance,
Cwindomsr
I don't believe that's supported yet.
Is the Official XBMC Remote Control on Android supported on XBMC FRODO RC2 on Android?

Thanks
Sorry to bump this, but I haven't seen any information about it other than this. Is the MCE remote still not supported? Is it in development or is it something that isn't being worked on currently? Just remembered I had one, so dug it out only to find that nothing takes.
Does the MCE remote even work with Android itself? If it doesn't, then nothing XBMC does will help, unless the install includes a driver install.
(2013-05-22, 15:22)jhhoffma Wrote: [ -> ]Does the MCE remote even work with Android itself? If it doesn't, then nothing XBMC does will help, unless the install includes a driver install.

I meant to ask if a receiver, such as the RC6 IR receiver (which would in turn interface with the MCE remote), could be supported. I tried using it and it didn't take, so I'm wondering why since other IR receivers seem to work, like the receivers for the Measy remotes. Sorry, I should have been more clear with what I was asking.
Pretty sure flirc.tv works with 4.0 and up. It's all about what kind of drivers are support in android. The IR receivers that work are most likely just HID-compliant devices.
I would also like an answer to this. I just got a Minix Neo X8-H. I would like to use an MCE remote with it. It has already a
built-in IR receiver but when I use an MCE remote I get no answer. I don't want to attach an external IR USB receiver to it.
(2013-05-23, 15:39)jhhoffma Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure flirc.tv works with 4.0 and up. It's all about what kind of drivers are support in android. The IR receivers that work are most likely just HID-compliant devices.

Flirc is working but very erratic on 4.2.2. but flawless on kk 4.4.2