Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No new shows being found on scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I'm fairly new to XBMC I've been using it now for about 5 months and it's great. I have an Acer Revo with windows and use it mainly for TV and film. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago when no new content was being found on the scan on startup or when manually scanning. All the films and TV shows that are already in the library are playing fine but I just can't add and new content.
Thanks in advance for any help
Are you using the IMDb scraper for movies? If so, the IMDb site changed some stuff and the IMDb scraper add-on hasn't been updated yet. You can use the Universal Movie Scraper, which can pull info from IMDb, as an alternative (it's basically the same thing but with additional options, more or less).
I noticed problems last night trying to add TV shows, using TheTVDB scrapper. The website was returning blank replies last night. I.e. the pluging was sending http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=en but got back no data.

I just tried again, and it appears to be working again. Try giving it another go, maybe?
Hello Ned thanks for the info I was using IMDb and TVDb. I have tried to add Universal scrapper but it appears to be broken any other suggestions?
Thanks
As Jogee noted above, TVDB should be working again, so please retry scanning your TV shows. As for movies, you can try switching to the default TMDB scraper if Universal Scraper isn't working for you (IMDB scraper remains broken).