Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I would like to know
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
On my server I created different partitions and dedecated harddrives for different data like: TV-series, kids-movies, movies, kids-series and so on.
I run XBMC Eden and from the 'bar' on the main page I can only choose video, movies and TV-shows.

Now I don't know what or how the difference between Video and movies could be made, but I would like to know if there is a possibility to make more variety in these options.

I know I can select by "genre" from the main option, but that doesn't do the trick.
I would like to follow the library structure like this:

TV-shows - Kidsseries - Penguins of Madagascar
TV-shows - Series - Game of Thrones

Movies - Films - Angels and Demons
Movies - Animated - Puss in Boots
Movies - KidsAnimated - Cars

I read that in Frodo there is Advanced Library Filtering, but that´s not the same because it throughs all the movies or series in the big Library and you can sort them afterwards, I would like to make different libraries. I can´t find if this will be possible.

I hope this question is any clear.
Make smart playlists and add them to the home page.
Hi Fibo,

I've managed to achieve what you're looking for, maybe it's not perfect but it is working for both Eden and Frodo.
First on my NAS, I've separated my collection into 4 different folders:

- Movies
- Movies Animation
- TV Shows
- TV Shows Animation

Then I've created two different sources using the multipath feature:
- Movies (pointing to "smb://username:password/Videos/Movies" and "smb://username:password/Videos/Movies Animation")
- TV Shows (pointing to "smb://username:password/Videos/TV Shows" and "smb://username:password/Videos/TV Shows Animation")

Next, I've created 4 playlists:
- Movies Playlist (targeting my Movies source with a path rule doesn't include "Animation")
- Movies Animation Playlist (targeting my Movies source with a path rule includes "Animation")
- TV Shows Playlist (targeting my TV Shows source with a path rule doesn't include "Animation")
- TV Shows Animation Playlist (targeting my TV Shows source with a path rule includes "Animation")

Finally use a skin that allows home customization, I'm personally using Aeon Nox.
Now all you have to do is pointing entries to one of your playlists... Enjoy Christmas!
thanx

I never tried playlists. I did try a few skins, but none that could serve my purpose.

Did you figure it out all by your self or did you find tutorials?

I think I will be tied up now for x-mas ;-)
There are a few Confluence mod skins in the Confluence skin forum that will allow for custom home items, if you want to keep that look but have this option.