Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS-HD option gone after upgrading to RC2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I just upgraded my XBMC from a nightly build (around 2 months old) straight to RC2 and ran into a weird phenomena - most of the audio options are now gone in my audio output settings. Anything related to the newer sound options - "DTS-HD capable receiver", "TrueHD capable receiver" - is not in the menu at all.
I've been using these settings for months with the nightly builds, so my AMD Radeon HD 6450 is surely supported and configured properly...
Any clue why this happened? I'm running under Windows.
BTW I tried renaming the userdata folder, and although it reset all my settings and switched the skin back to Confluence it still didn't show the bitstreaming options in the settings. No hints in the log either Undecided
deinstall xbmc, reboot and reinstall RC2 from scratch...
or try to rename the complete XBMC folder in /user/appdata/roaming...
Hi again,
No matter what I do, I'm unable to enable DTS-HD again.
I renamed the complete XBMC folder in /user/appdata/roaming - it started from all the default settings but no audio options were in the system/audio menu (just AC3 and DTS). I uninstalled XBMC, removed all user data and installed RC2 from scratch - same phenomena.
Does XBMC perform some detection before displaying the advanced audio options in the menu? If so, is there a way to disable this detection or to know why it failed? Are there specific settings in my receiver or my audio driver that XBMC tries to query and I can test separately?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, I really miss my DTS-HD...
(2012-12-29, 14:31)esmesm Wrote: [ -> ]Any help will be greatly appreciated, I really miss my DTS-HD...
Check to make sure that Exclusive Mode is selected in Windows control panel.....and here are some tips- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......

Exclusive Mode is selected and everything is configured just like in the AE guide in the wiki, but the audio configuration screen in XBMC still does not cooperate Sad
(2012-12-29, 18:44)esmesm Wrote: [ -> ]Exclusive Mode is selected and everything is configured just like in the AE guide in the wiki, but the audio configuration screen in XBMC still does not cooperate Sad
Are all the HD audio formats listed in Windows control panel? Can you post your Frodo screen shot?

Are the settings missing or greyed-out? If missing you have installed an incorrect version. If greyed-out check that HDMI is selected for the output device at the top of Settings>System>Audio Output.
This is unbelievable, the tip that not having these options at all mean that it's the wrong version proved to be right! I thought I was "upgrading" to RC2 but apparently I downgraded to v11 and this was the problem the whole time! I feel so stupid now Smile))
(2013-01-03, 20:45)esmesm Wrote: [ -> ]This is unbelievable, the tip that not having these options at all mean that it's the wrong version proved to be right! I thought I was "upgrading" to RC2 but apparently I downgraded to v11 and this was the problem the whole time! I feel so stupid now Smile))
Don't feel bad, it happened to all of us once in a while.....