Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with DTS Audio (scratchiness)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is the correct thread.
I use Openelec with XBMC 12 Frodo and all works fine, but if I'm looking movies with DTS sound I often have scratchiness.

My friend told me, that this is a problem with KHz rate which is transfer to my Receiver.
In Windows 7 I can change the Audio - KHz and all works fine with DTS.

Isit possible to change it via openelec or XBMC?

I use Media Player with Celeron G550 and Intel HD Audio onboard.
TV is Samsung UE55C6500.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Christian alias mOjOcl.

You need to supply a bit more information if you want to get help. You could start by posting what Linux you're using (XBMC Live?) and what audio output you're using (HDMI, SPDIF etc.). Also, what do you mean by "I use Media Player"?
@negge

Hes using openelec

@mOjOcl welcome to forums

A Screenshot of XBMC audio settings would help too in addition to more information like negge makes some examples. No one is a mind reader.

uNi
(2012-12-25, 17:55)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]@negge

Hes using openelec

Sorry about that, I was a bit too quick to post.
Hi guys,

I use default settings audio, but will capture a screenshot for you Wink
I have read, that it could be a problem with "streamsilence advancedsettings.xml option". This should be related with audio rate 48.000 KHz

My media player (selfmade Mini-IX Tower, Intel CPU + 4 GB RAM + Openelec on USB Device) is connected via HDMI.

If you have new ideas, let me know it Wink

Else you get new information tommorow.

Thanks in advance,

mOjO
Hi guys,

I added the advancedsettings.cml but nothing changed.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AudioEngine

Do you have some ideas?
I neither see what I asked for previously (which you never posted) nor do I know what it is you added to your advancedsettings.xml

Last chance to provide information properly.

STOP being vague.

uNi
@mOjOcl:
Does it get better if you turn "Boost Volume on downmix" off?