Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo RC2 HD Playback Issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Frodo today and began to experience problems with playback of a lot of HD files. There is no sound and the video is extremely laggy and jumpy At first I thought it was just MKV Files and that the audio track was FLAC so I removed the FLAC track to test it and it played back fine (obviously with no audio.) But then I experienced the same problem with AVDHD and MP4 files.

Here is a Log file of me trying to watch an MKV file while it stutters: Log

I'm not extremely knowledgeable about file formats and such but if you need any other info, I'll do my best to get it. I just need help.

Edit: Forgot to mention that with Frodo installed on a VM on this same machine, I do not have any of these issues with the same files, as well as another laptop with Frodo. However, a second laptop has the same issues that I'm describing in my original post. It's definitely a setting, I just don't know what to look for Sad
Try to set the audio output device to directsound. If you want to use wasapi, then check if exclusive mode is enabled in windows.
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't even know what WASAPI is. I changed it to Directsound and it works perfectly. Thank you so much.