Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The Right Way To Import Your Video/Music Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched several times but never found a real answer,
I want to do a fresh install with FRODO (having some weird issues with the upgrade like not able to close XBMC without force)
But i want to keep my watched status and fan art settings,
So what i did was the following.
Export video and music to separate and single file (why? well i did some testing and noticed when i do separate I’m sure i get the fan art i custom selected for my movies)

Then the importing after a fresh install
Install Frodo clean (do basic settings of the system and plugins like the scrapers settings etc.)
Then choose import in the video and music.

What do i have to do next?
Music doesn't show up in the library so i need to scan in to the library what cause it to rescape everything again (but my fan art is preserved)
The Movies and TV show up,
But when going to video > files it doesn’t show up and i can set up the scrapers for the items,
So i need to add the sources and after that everything for movies and TV works.

Am i doing something wrong or is this the way to import?
Not sure about the music, but videos is okay. When a file source is scanned into the library, that source is added to the library DB as well, so the actual entry in Files isn't needed for the video library to populate or even update. It does make it easier to manage when it is in Files, as well as providing a manual browsing for things that don't scan in correctly/at all. As long as you re-add the sources with set content how you originally had them, it should allow you to manage that source to effect the library again. If the path is different, it will make duplicates (and it's case sensitive, too).