Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing content in the library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i recently installed XBMCbuntu on an "old" Laptop (Core2Duo, Radeon 2600 M ) and I'm having serious trouble adding audio and video content to the library. I have stored all the files on an external HDD which is connected to the laptop by USB. I added the music and video directories as a source to the library and xbmc started scraping the data. Unfortunately some of the content seems to be missing. For example I can only find one Red Hot Chili Peppers album in the library, but when I'm in files mode I can find all albums by navigating into the directory (they are all in the same directory as the one that was scraped). So my directories look like this:

/external HDD
--Movies
--Music
--*interpreter
---#album 1
---#album 2

But the behaviour seems to be inconsistent - for example I can find all the Michael Jackson albums in the library which are on the hard-drive. Huh

Same goes for movies. About 10 movies are missing in the library but I have no clue why - the movies are all in seperate folders which are named by the movie themself. I tried already the "Missing movie Information" Add-On but this shows me movies which are already in the library o.O.

Any suggestions? ( I have updated the library about a dozen times - no effect)
Enable debug logging and do a library update. The log will tell you what XBMC does while scanning so you'll be able to spot all errors it makes. If you don't know how to interpret the log, post it to xbmclogs.com and link here.